New UI feature request : see timer on mount, mercenary, spell...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Aniwiel, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Aniwiel Member

I have many characters.
    I have many mercenary, many mounts, many spells

I'd like to see :
    - Which mercenary is in training and the remaining time, without calling him/her/it
    - A list with all my mercenary level (like mount for example)

Same for mount.

For spell research :
    Add a filter for spell/ascensions and add a filter by typing name too like in house_rating window.

I understand research info cannot be seen in real time because of server stress but I'd like to have a new window, or an addition to the "Welcome to EQ2" windows, where I can see directly :
    - What is my current spell research timer
    - What is my current mercenary research timer
    - What is my current mount research timer
    It could be static info (relaunch the window to see refresh timer)

The best should be able to have a dropbox with all char to see which one I should log to start a new research...
    SynnikuL, Carynn, Mermut and 4 others like this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I use an Excel spreadsheet to track those items when you have a lot of alts. I also track harvesting mount as well. It's the only way to keep your sanity. Takes like 5-10 minutes when you log in for the first time. It also prevents you from missing training when you don't log in a toon for a long time. That's the beauty of the Excel sheet. You aren't required to actually log in every toon to check all this stuff.
    You don't have to be an Excel spreadsheet genius to do it either. Create the spreadsheet, title the categories for the cells you want to use on top, left side is for the names of your characters and you simply plug in the dates the training will come do, hit "save" and your life suddenly became a lot less complicated. Wish I'd have thought of this years ago tbh.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,

its a good idea to add those windows and dropdowns for the alts, but we are on a point it seems DB hates alts because of the reason its nearly impossible without invest a lot of money for DBC or Kronos for selling to get plats to get a alt or more alts on a respective level you can play with other in Heroic or at least Raid.

Addorns are hidden by RNG sets and VIII addorns , without buying the highest Solo account EXPA your totaly lost in Potency and other stats ( upgraded Prime Ediditon mount around 28K pot if full Eqiped ) and Standart Edition has no Mount.

No Account flag for already discoverd Addorns to buy on a vendor like we had in PoP // VIII Addorns Recipie should be Tradskill Reward to chose what permanet recepie you like to have from the VIII the way do one crafter Signa get 1 of 4 do the 2nd toon get 2/4 and so continue so you have some lines to do and until you have invested the time and brain to finish those lines you get you stuff guaranted and not a half addon RNG or more time and never saw one recipe this su...ks.
    Same on the Set Addorn why the have no account flag or can be crafted permanently from a TS Signaline Recipie like we had in KA Expansion.
    Hellfiren
    Rosyposy and Manafizzle like this.
  4. Mooooon New Member

Or , ffs at least let us open the mount window while in Guild Hall....
  5. Observing Active Member

Workaround: get a guild hall that allows mounts (tier 3 or tier 4 I believe)
    Bhayar likes this.
  6. Ndiar Active Member

Go to the Microsoft Store on your desktop and search for MultiTimer. It is free. You can set it up to have timers by Character name and then timers for that toon. Not the most elegant solution but it does work and you don't have to be logged into the game to check your timers. You will get Windows desktop notifications when something is completed. You can then just edit the timer to start over for the next level for a mount/merc/spell for example.

Edit: The timers get a bit out of sync with server downtime for really long timers but you can always edit the timer to get it back in sync.
    parissa, Jaeded and SynnikuL like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, there are work-arounds for some these design failings.. that doesn't mean we can't ask for (and to some extent expect) that they be addressed and 'fixed' IN GAME.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Have to try this, I had a spreadsheet going for at least 2 xpacs but this one just seems to have overwhelmed me and haven't kept it up
    Breanna likes this.