New TS Zone Crashing

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Pizac, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Pizac Member

Everytime I talk to the Public TS assistants in the new zone the game crashes. Anyone else having this problem
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Not this am I wasn't. Did all the quests on four different toons and took a fifth through the questline. But that was this morning. Can't speak about the last two hours.
  3. Gninja Developer

Are you using any sort of custom UI? The new research NPC use a new research window. If the UI doesn't have support for the new window its possible its causing your client to crash maybe?
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Adding my 2c:
    Default UI, Default UI+ eq2map and DarqUI in their newest versions work all fine for me with the new assistants, so even if you run any of those 3 fully updated UIs it must be something else.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Pizac Member

Thanks for the replies. When I saw the UI may the problem I thought that was it as I have a few custom ones. However checked my UI directory and I'm I don't have any for the research window. The file I'm using is from the default directory "eq2ui_popup_pub_ts_apprentice_research". I deleted them just in case and validated the assets again but still crashes.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

A custom UI just will lack the file required and will default back to the default UI piece for that window. But I don't think the window is doing anything wild and unreasonable.

I would suggest:

(1) Log out and completely shut your computer off.
    (2) Reboot your modem and router.
    (3) Restart your computer
    (4) Run a tool such as the free CCleaner to get rid of junk trashing up your computer. If you use CCleaner, click Options, then Cookies, and look through "Cookies on Your Computer"" and move any that are logins for things you use to the "Save" column. Then run the cleaner.
    (5) Start the Launchpad, click the Advanced Tools button (crossed hammer and wrench icon) and ask it to Validate your files again.

Did this help? If not,

(6) Make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed on your computer. Yes, Windows will have installed more current versions of DirectX (DX11, most likely), but EQ2 is really picky about this and needs DirectX 9.0c. You can get DirectX 9.0c direct from Microsoft. You can have it install into your EQ2 folder if you like. You can have more than one version of DirectX installed without causing problems.

Did this help? If not, then we need more data to know what's happening.

(7) Are you getting any messages? Is it giving your the Blue Screen of Death? If so, get a pen and paper handy and try to make note of as much of the message as you can, the central part that typically gives an error number and a short bit of text. Paste any error message text here so we can debug.

(8) Click the Windows Start button. In the RUN box, type DXDIAG and hit Enter. This will run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. There will be a Save All Information button. Click that, and have it save the file somewhere you can find it easily. Close the tool.

(9) Open the DxDiag.txt file in Notepad (to get Notepad open, you can click the Windows Start button, and type Notepad in the RUN box and hit Enter, then click the File menu and Open and navigate to where you saved the DxDiag.txt file).

(10) There is a LOT of information in this file. We don't need to see most of it, so give us these parts:
    • System Information (you can edit out the Machine Name if you like)
    • Skip a couple of sections and find the Display Devicessection. From here we need:
      • Card Name
      • Manufacturer
      • Driver File Version
      • Driver Version
      • Driver Date/Size
    Paste JUST the parts listed in Step 10 here so we can try to debug.
    Pijotre and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Pizac Member

All sorted, thanks for the replies. Turns out I had a random file in the custom ui folder that was messing it up. It was popup.ini file
    Pijotre and Sigrdrifa like this.