New Troubador

Discussion in 'Troubador' started by ARCHIVED-Wondercluck, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Wondercluck Guest

Recently returned to the game after several years and rerolled a troubador. I've noticed a lot of changes especially in the character development and alternative advancement tabs. I choose a half elf and could use some help on what traditions and character traits to get.
    Also from what I could gather stats are more centered around 1 per class vs needing a whole lot of everything from back when I last played. I take it I should just focus on agi and sta these days?
    As far as AAs go I found a couple useful threads on some beginning builds focusing on working towards Don't Kill The Messenger followed by either Bump to unlock the Bump/Nightstrike combo or working down the stamina line towards Fortissimo. Any critiques on that? I tend to solo at the moment at least until I catch up in levels to a couple friends of mine.
    I hear it's easier to get AAs early on that at later levels. Would it be ill advised to grind a bunch out now?
  2. ARCHIVED-Wondercluck Guest

One more question particularly about Troubador Training. I can see earlier level spells eventually get replaced so it's a matter of playstyle, but are there some at later levels that some these spells do not get upgraded and a grandmaster choice may be better spent on them?
  3. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

First welcome to the world of the Troubador.
    As far as racial traditions go, race in the long run does not matter. My troubador is a Fae. I do have a Half-Elf Monk and if memory serves correctly you can select agility as a Half-Elf. When possible select agility. Agility is your focus. Stamina is secondary. Most gear has stamina and agility on it. Don't worry about adorning for stamina. Occasionally you will have the option to increase your reists always take Physical this is true regardless of class.
    As for AA yes that is correct go for Don't Kill the messenger first and then Bump so you can have the Bump/Nightstrike Combo and then take stamina for Fortissimo. It is much easier to gain AA at lower levels. It is advisable to lock at lower levels to grind AA, however there is a limit on how many AA you can spend and I believe the Shadow tree is locked until level 50. Also you can only spend 50 points in Bard and Troubador trees until level 70.
    Now as for the spells that do not upgrade: Requiem of Reflection which you recieve at level 52. This can not be grandmastered but mastering it is highly advised. Jester's Cap which you recieve at 65 can not be Grandmastered but should be mastered. Alin's Serenade IV this will cease upgrading at this point again can not be grandmastered but should be mastered. Breathtaking Bellow III this one actually doesn't matter it really does nothing except proc during Perfection of The Maestro and it is not clear if if even does that. Can not be grandmastered but if not mastering it is not that big of a deal. Selo's Accelerando VI can not be grandmastered but should be mastered. Counter Song is your level 80 ability again it can not be grandmastered, however I have never used this ability.
    If you have any further questions don't be afraid to ask.
  4. ARCHIVED-Wondercluck Guest

Brienae@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Thank you! That was exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
    Another question that has come up during my play is addition items stats beyond agi, sta, etc. I'm noticing more and more items with one of two less agi but they'll throw in +X weapon skill mods or a blue tag labled X damage per second. How should I weight these stats verse raw agi?
  5. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

You'll start to see a lot of the blue stats as you advance. Don't worry too much about them until around the 80s. Once you get to that level, DPS, Multi-Attack, and Attack Speed are very important to scouts in general. Ability Cast Speed and Ability Reuse speed are also nice to get for Bards (dirge and troubador). Mostly, the Agi on an item is a great indicator of it's tier but some slight changes will start to pop up. Get used to the character and you'll get a feel for how each one affects you. If all else fails, find a training dummy and using ACT, try out both items to see which yields more damage overall.
  6. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

Brienae@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Alot of really great points, however, countersong is actually incredibly useful, and would be moreso if not for its ridiculously long reuse. The description itself
    ~reduces targets ability to hit multiple targets with their auto attack ~reduces damage of next spell by 90% <master>
    I use mine all the time, when I do PR, use it on the DT guy on pull, death touch becomes little more then a regular hit. Various mobs in skyshrine have that lovable cataclysm spell which has some pretty sick point blank aoe damage on it, countersong nullifies one use of this, usually that is enough that it won't be a problem again. Just a couple examples, but, Countersong is something that is largely underrated, primarily, I believe, to its 10 minute base reuse.
    Try not to discount any of your spells/abilities without giving them a real shot at use, I know i've been fairly surprised at the usefulness of various things I thought would be stupid and pointless and rather useless to me overall. Breathtaking Bellow on the other hand...its on my hotbars so I can click it every now and then when everything else is down...which isn't often, but its really just there to be clicked, it has no peritinent use in the game.
  7. ARCHIVED-Fairin Guest

dont tell them all the secrets of playing a troub, you'll get them interested in the awesome class... >.>

countersong is redicliously op unique ability not just for positioning bosses on raids, or stopping cataclysmic party death, its for telling people you can do it. and them not listening to you because no ones ever heard of it...