New to me, unrecoverable error.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by RummieMcLush, Feb 21, 2017.

1. RummieMcLush New Member

<verify> g:\live\eq2\framework\render\ddstexture.cpp (235):!"unknown DDS texture flags" 0132e4ae 0132d2a4

Usually in batches, as in 3 error windows at the same time, google had nothing to offer on the subject.

Windows 10, game had been operating fine for a month or so until yesterday (even running 2 accounts on the same box). Just came back to the game after a few years so I'm a bit rusty in this troubleshooting stuff.
  2. Steelviper Active Member

Windows 8 here, I had that happening many times already for a while, as well. Seems to me the game has a memory leak - always had anyway and never been fixed - and when running the game for a while and changing lots of zones, the game runs out of memory (which is available to it / it can access) and crashes.
    Depending on how much RAM you have it can happen sooner, or later. To prevent that, it helps to log out after a while and re-start the game, when you get a feeling the game might crash soon - usually when loading times during zoning become rather long.
  3. RummieMcLush New Member

That's easy enough to do. Thanks for the tip.