New to Everquest 2

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Middlenamedanger, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Middlenamedanger New Member

Hail! Long time EQ1 player, and former WoW giving EQ2 the shot I never gave it all those years ago, I'm a level 10 troubadour named Oddbeard on Fallen Gate, I'm actually really enjoying playing, but there is so much content it is a bit overwhelming and it seems like most of the info out on the web is a bit outdated, anyone out there have any pointers for good guides? IE, quest guides, class guides, tradeskill faqs..etc.? Anyone in game who could suffer my hundreds of questions please hit me up lol. Thanks in advance!!
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Krystoffer Member

I have found that the wiki at https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/EverQuest_2_Wiki:Main_Page is very good for quest guides. I just recently replied to a post asking about class guides, as the majority that I've seen are outdated and don't have information past 2014. Tradeskill guides can be found at EQ2 Traders at http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/news_page.php

I am not sure if I'd be much help in game, but I am also a long time EQ1 player and have beta tested, trialed or played nearly every MMO out since 1995. In EQ1 I was on Xegony from the very beginning... Names there were Krystoff and Loviotor. My characters here are on Antonia Bayle, named Krystoffer, Poignant and Loviotor.

Good Luck!
    Saw-Lau, Cyrrena and Middlenamedanger like this.
  3. Seefar Well-Known Member

Welcome, Oddbeard! :D
  4. Middlenamedanger New Member

That was very helpful! Thanks!, I play on Fallen Gate, but I appreciate it!!
    Saw-Lau and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Welcome! There are lots of decent people on Fallen Gate, so look around and find a guild that matches your playing style and time of day. This game is so much more fun with friends and guildies!
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!! If you ever decide to try a character on AB, give me a shout, or shout at Meneltel, she has been weirdly nice lately and its getting to be frightening *giggles*.

I really like EQ2U as well, you can put all your characters on your list as well as friends, etc and a single click will bring up your character, your equipment, your inventory, your quest log, checklists, etc and there are links to wiki for additional information. Its a very good resource to have and Feldon is amazing *wishes Feldon was still playing*. Niami is amazing as well with EQ2Traders and the Frostfell Elf Dame Lera is outstanding with EQ2Furniture. If you like decorating and want your house to have a video tour posted on the Homeshow Forum then Ocarinah and Febrith are your people. For a lot of technical things and add-ons, Sigrdrifa is your lady.

You can also send private messages to those you find helpful on the forums from a button at the top of this page or clicking on our portraits. Or you can just throw whatever questions you have here on the forums and one of us will jump in.

No matter what you choose to do or where, have fun and enjoy the journey, that is what Norrath is for.
  7. Febrith Well-Known Member

Welcome to Norrath:)
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Welcome to the EQ forums and the game !

I play EQ as well, and tried WoW. EQ II is pretty confusing so far, but I just hippty-hop around the game world and try and Run Away ! when I encounter something too tough for me.
  9. Middlenamedanger New Member

10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

For many years, this has been my gaming modus operandi!

(unless they are sitting on a shiny, at which point I attempt to sacrifice a gnome ranger to the gods and then have a go)
  11. mothelm Active Member

welcome =-) ...if interested i am start a progression guild starting with the original game content on AB at 9pm EST 12/15/18 on the Gorowyn docks there is post in recuritment forum here for some details
    Saw-Lau and Middlenamedanger like this.
  12. Middlenamedanger New Member

im afraid i wouldn't be much help, still learnin how to tie my boots and string my mandolin :-D
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.