New to EQII. Few questions :)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Tailborn, Oct 21, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Tailborn Guest

Hi there :)

Ok so I am new here, I've played many other MMO's including WoW, GW2, Rift, but most prominently LotRO. I have been told by many that EQ was a very prestigious MMO but rather embarassingly, the character models and graphics really put me off, I'm quite picky.

So I was wondering, is EQII worth playing? Is it fun and soloable, are there any nice guilds? What's the best server?..
    What's the content like?

Thankyou :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Tailborn wrote:
    You played WoW but the EQ2 models put you off?
    Really?
    EQ2 has amazingly deep content, storylines, and dungeons. Try Antonio Bayle or Freeport for servers.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tailborn Guest

I meant, EQ1. I like the models for EQII :)
    I just wanted to get a feel for the game :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Maybe he was talking about EQ1? That game is 13 years old now though and character graphics in that game last got an overhaul like eleven years ago. (oops, well that's what happens when it takes 20 minutes to write a response!)
    If he's talking about EQ2, then well...to each their own, I personally find the character models in WoW and LOTRO quite lacking. And Eq2 does have 2 sets of models (the SOGA which have a more Korean game look & the original models which have more range of customization in my experience).
    Freeport & Antonia Bayle have the largest populations but others (Like Everfrost also have decent populations). There are plenty of nice guilds out there. Wide variety of types of guilds as well.
    As for fun, you are asking in a biased place =). If we weren't enjoying it at least a little we would be somewhere else. I Have played many many MMOS (including WoW, Rift from beta on and off, and LOTRO from beta) and this is the one I keep coming back to. EQ2 is by far the most enjoyable of the ones you have listed (I can't speak for GW2 though, as I never tried it and currently have no desire to).
    There's content for solo, groups, raids. Overland content, dungeons, quests. If you don't feel like doing that there's always crafting, housing & dungeon making.
  5. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

GW 2 is fun for awhile, but if you aren't a PvPing machine, that's about it once you hit 80. It's pretty, and the character models are nice.
    There's no end-game content like raids - it's all PvP.
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Tailborn wrote:
    It's rich, robust, and fun. And you can try it for free. Instead of asking, you should be doing!! :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

I've only played EQ1 and EQ2, but I have no desire to play any other MMO because all my free time gets gobbled up by EQ2. I think the game is great. Start out a character and go chatting to the NPCs, follow the stories and I'm sure you'll be hooked before long! First time round (first character) at least, you'll find it interesting all the way to max level. You can level all the way just by doing solo quests, or you can hop in a group or grab a mercenary helper and go off to some dungeons.
  8. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

To bad NPC's dont verbally talk to me anymore... all they ever do is send me super long tells that I never read...