New to EQ2, SK or Zerker with latest patch/expac?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Saltyd0gg, May 9, 2017.

1. Saltyd0gg New Member

Looking for advice as to what I should roll. The reason im having a hard time choosing between these two classes is because I really like each's playstyle. In all other MMOs and MMO type of experience I tend to lean towards the heavy hitting fast paced warrior archetype, and the necrotic spell casting plate wearer, so its been a difficult choice.

Which class is easier to solo? Which is more engaging gameplay? Who provides more damage? Whos more relevant in endgame? And whos just plain more fun?
  2. Ryuken Active Member

You are not going to use a Mercenary i assume?

If so, from what i've read on the boards, SKs have an easier time due to self-healing.
  3. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Easy to solo: SK
    Engaging: your pick.
    Damage: SK
    Relevant: Zerker
    Fun: SK, IMO.
  4. Tooloose Active Member

Zerks are trash trucks. Love em to death. Pull 200 mobs for all I care and just burn em down as fast as I can click my aoes. Best thing about them besides that they're great tanks is that they're great for power leveling. Mentor someone at level 1, activate the temp they get from the bottom of the warrior tree, go fight level 40s or higher to get super inflated exp with ease. They're great at biting off more than most can chew while being able to keep their pace.

Can't speak for SKs though because I haven't played them since level 90 was the cap but with the way their AAs look today, it's no doubt that they're fun.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

We have a zerker who is one of our MT and we work well together (I'm an aoe dps sk; don't laugh or ill harm tickle you next!) and with subtle strikes and the fact that only chaos cloud hits all mobs in the AoE means I rarely get agro but I'm helping him to kill all of the trash mobs. Yes, I don't do as much damage on the boss, but that's what the others are for, after all. He and I help get us to that boss faster! And have fun!