New to EQ, a couple RolePlay Questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by theHAL9000, Dec 25, 2012.

1. theHAL9000 New Member

I am a long time roleplayer, from the plethora of table top pen and paper games out there to old yahoo and AIM chat rooms, to java chats and message board play-by-posts. I get my sci/fi roleplay fill from Star Wars the Old Republic but as I have been playing World of Warcraft since it was new I am hunting about for a new fantasy roleplay game. EverQuest 2 looks good, the reviews seem decent, and gameplay isn't what I am concerned about at the moment as I will discover that with a test character on my own.

Finally, and to the point, I am interested in community roleplay. How active are roleplay guilds in EverQuest 2? How easy is it to find roleplay if you're not in a roleplay guild? I am hoping to find a new game that offers an active player character to player character roleplay atmosphere. I figure who better to ask than the current active players?
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Your best bet would be to create a character on the server Antonia Bayle (aka AB) as this is the preferred RP server and has one of the largest server pops out there. Simply hitting up the chat channel and talking to guild recruiters on AB will probably get your questions answered quickly, the other servers tend not to focus to any great extent on the RP aspects of the game.
  3. Ivory Member

On Antonia Bayle open world Roleplay has diminished. It hasn't completely disappeared but it has become much less common. Joining an active Roleplaying Guild is your best bet. Simply press U when you log in (if your not already in a Guild) and add a filter for guilds that Roleplay. We hope to see you in game!!
  4. theHAL9000 New Member

Thank you for your help.