New TLE guild

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Yikbik, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Yikbik New Member

New Achievement Role Playing Progression Guild

Looking to gage interest in forming a guild on Fallen Gate. Not quite old school, but with a few tuning forks and steam whistles to compensate for some less than full raids/groups such as AA’s and such.

Instead of a true progression guild which level locks at selected tier and moves forward, we will be a more achievement locked guild. Problem is with progression, you always run into some players that are not ready to move up or haven’t completed everything they wanted before the guild moves to the next tier, or vice versa, some players feel stalled while they wait. This in time adds to separation in guildmates, etc…
    In this version, I would like to set up progression through the achievement system. Example would be everyone brought in would not be a recruit, member, raider, etc… however they would be T1, T2, etc… players. Once they (just for examples sake, actual requirements would be decided on by a committee) achieved at least 5 general achievements, 5 exploration achievements, 1 guild raid achievement, 2 level 40+ completed collection quests and present their Prismatic Weapon to the committee they will be moved to T2 player. Again, there would be a set goal of achievements to accomplish to move to T3, etc…
    The intent would allow players to progress at their own speed, enjoy the content
    (I for one of found a renewed interest in completing book quests for some reason) and hopefully incentivize further along players to help the more “at their own pace” players to progress. Helping T1 players progress to T2 means more of a player/grouping pool to help with T2 achievements.
    Quicker players do not feel they are stagnant in waiting for other players as they can continue at their pace to the next tier but always available to drop down to help others or to complete an achievement they didn’t previously.
    Some roleplay elements could be a pretty cool twist for some events. Making sure you get your race quest done. Hide and Cheese event for rotangonites, who pitches a bigger kilt tent for the barbarians, who can hold their breath the longest for froglocks, who can eat the most scabs for the trolls, etc…(Thought on this would be a dedicated RP Officer to facilitate events and such)
    Some additional thoughts, rants, what if’s and how comes can come and be refined if and when the guild gets going.
    Forums have a enough returning/new player threads that are looking to get back in but maybe overwhelmed with everything a live server has so I am currently looking to see what degree of interest in this type of set up there is.
    Please reply to this post if interested.
    I will also be in game, usually starting around 7pm ish eastern time. (Except for tonight. Class) Look for Billyjak or Quetzyl
    Thanks,
    Q.
  2. Medicus New Member

[removed my feedback so as not to intrude on post revision 2.0]
  3. Yikbik New Member

Excellent points. Your hired!!

I'll go back and tweak it shortly.

Thanks.
    Q.
  4. Billyjak Member

Just looking to bullet point...
    Guild progression built on achievements not level.
    Let people progress at individual pace and not majority player base pace.
    Incentive for faster players to mentor down for slower players.
    Guild rank/perk increases with achievements completed.
    Explore and discover little known or less utilized quests. Books. (Did you know about the temple of life koi fish key quest?

I'll be on tonight about 8ish eastern time. Please look for billyjak for more questions or details.

Thanks,
    B.
  5. Billyjak Member

Delvay
    Level locked @ 50 Progression/Achievement guild.
    Looking for new and returning players who may already feel out paced or are really having a great time exploring content.
    We are a brand new and on the ground floor. Currently at Level 1 and open to all. Questers, Chatters, Shinyholics, Crafters and any other under level 50 toon looking to find group mates.
    Feel free to send me a tell or in game mail for more information.

For those who want to know more, below is a an outline of how we are looking to progress.

Guild Progression Pace:
    1. Will remain level locked at 50 till the guild achieves all of the following:
    A. Level 50
    B. 14 out of 14 Guild Achievements (Wiki note says for a guild to get credit for actual achievement at least 2 guild members must be in a group and at least 2/3rds of the raid must be made up of guild members.)

Member Achievement Pace:
    We want to encourage as much content exploration, grouping, chatting, questing, information sharing and friendship building as possible. To help with this member ranks will be based upon achievement completion.
    Rank Description
    Pledge New recruit (no bank access)
    Member New recruit that has completed their racial trait quest and earned 1000 SP (bank Access)

Next set of ranks are for members who achieve a set requirement. They can earn 1 or all 4 titles. The requirements will be set by the council prior to the guild moving up to the next progression. To start, a fairly easy requirement goal will be set.
    1. Rambler - Questers. Complete 7 out of 14 quest achievements in Shattered Land quest tab.
    2. Veteran - Raiders. Complete 7 out of 14 raid achievements in Shattered Land dungeon tab.
    3. Historians - Shinholoics. Complete 7 out of 13 exploration achievements in Shattered Land exploration tab.
    4. Architects - Crafters. Complete 11 out of 22 trade skill achievements in Shattered Land trade skill tab.
    5. Crawler - Groupers. Complete 10 out of 20 dungeon achievements in Shattered Land dungeon tab.
    … and earn 5000 SP

Council Members (officers) are those who set the requirements for each member rank for the next expansion we move into. Each expansion step brings a new set of requirements to maintain current member rank or earn it.
    To earn a seat on the council:
    1. Earn at least 1 of the 5 member titles listed above.
    2. Complete the Eiodolon of the Shattered Lands triumph achievement.
    3. 10000 SP
    (Note these requirements change with each expansion step. To continue to be a council member after the next guild increase you will have to fulfill a new set of requirements set by previous expansion council.)

A lot to digest I know. Look for me in game or through in game mail for more info, interest or to join.

Sincerely,
    Billyjak
  6. diaperman New Member

very interested in joing ur guild. im a new player.
  7. Billyjak Member

That's great news. Please look for any guild members by /who delvay all. Any should be able to get you invited and journey started.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

Did you notice that diaperman responded to every single thread for guilds that were recruiting, no matter what server they were on. I would be cautious with this one.
    Dude likes this.
  9. Billyjak Member

I sure did not. Thanks for the heads up.

B.