New thoughts on the post-patch debate...and how changing classes adds perspective.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Owain, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Greetings Berserkers!

I have read nearly all the posts on these boards and my latest feelings are that the berserker class is playable but unfortunately it is pretty difficult to have fun doing so... Our damage stinks and the ability to hold aggro is much more difficult to manage. We were never, in my opinion, an 'uber' class before the patch - some groups preferred Guardians for their defensive advantage, some preferred Monks/Bruisers for their DPS and others liked the combination of the two that 'Zerkers provided .Sadly, with the unwarranted and inexplicable reduction of our DPS and aggro we have nothing very much to offer a group that isn't much better provided by other classes.

Secondly, I think that referring to those of us who choose to voice their dissatisfacion as 'whiners', 'crybabies' or incompetents adds very little towards resolving what for a large majority of us is a very serious problem, and does little credit to the posters themselves.

Although every class has its own issues and problems, one never read posts on the scout /healer/mage boards saying their KEY skills are either virtually impossible to manage or are done better by inappropriate classes, eg ...'I just can't seem to use invisiibility...wish I'd rolled a healer' or ' My healing isn't as good as a mage'.
    Sadly most of us are noticing that either our key skills are extremely difficult to manage - or they are not functioning in the way we would like (doing equal or less damage than a Guardian being a good example) . Like I said in a previous post, this is a game, not a sport and the Berserker class should be enjoyable and playable for all subscribers, not only those tiny percentage able to make the most of the 'nerf'.

I have a 31 Zerker on the Lucan server and, like many other posters have felt that, post-patch, I was 'holding back' my guild/group. I don't enjoy playing under these conditions and so, whilst we wait to see whether our class is made viable once again I decided to experiment with another class.

Well...After completing 5 writs and levelling to 15 in two days (all solo!) I have to say that the Brawler seems much more of an 'uber' class than the 'Zerker ever did. My damage is great, my power consumption is minimal and, seeing as I rarely get hit, it's been fairly easy taking down mobs five levels above me - with only one death so far. Furthermore, if I choose to continue as a monk, not only will my damage and avoidance increase hugely, I will also get the ability to heal and go invisible. Sounds a lot more 'uber' than what we're used to, don't it?

Anyway, I realise that my progress has been easier the second time around because I now have more experience of playing EQ2. It's also likely that things could change considerably with the 20+ tier of mobs/quests. Nevertheless, being a Brawler is incredibly easy and a lot more fun than my now ineffectual 'Zerker. Like almost everyone else here, my preference would obviously be to have my Zerker back, but until that day comes I'm putting him on hold.

To those of you still soldiering on I salute you...but frankly, until you try playing another fighter class for a while you don't truly realise just how badly Berserkers have been hit.

Peace,
    Annaspider x