New Storage Depot Request

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Elinea, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Elinea Well-Known Member

I have master crafted patterns coming out of my ears. Doing heroics, each name drops one or two patterns, and there's no place to put them! My guild bank, and personal bank are full. Is it possible to make a depot specially for these? Or allow them to be dumped into the harvest depot like some of the mount gear patterns? I'm sure lots of people would really appreciate it!
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I just sell them as vendor trash and keep only the ones I actually need for that toon. The majority of them can officially be purchased from merchants after completing certain questlines anyway, such as the level 50-59 advanced recipes being purchased from merchants inside the 3 courts in Maj'Dul.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Don't such recipes go into the scroll depot ? the large on holds 100,
    and people used to complain , that there were not enough recipes dropping.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

The OP isn't talking about recipes books. The problem is the stupid patterns that were introduced last couple of expansions which are basically an ingredient component. Quite frankly they don't need storage depots they simply need to go.
    Hartsmith, Observing, Finora and 2 others like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Hmm... my Frosfell recipe components that says it is a recipe, goes into either the fuel or the harvest depot. I forget which one. So, the recipes the OP is talking about should be fixed so they go in harvest depot.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ahh I got the idea .
    Just like molds , for armor and patterns have been around for a long time , they are just not as plentiful in lower levels .
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, these things are annoying AF. Such a bad micromanagement mechanic.
    Observing, Finora, Quillyne and 4 others like this.
  8. Laughing Owl Active Member

Related (and the problem with most of the patterns) IS there anyway to make a 'Heirloom' compatiable depot. So Potions/Temp Adorns, Patterns, etc could be shared between characters on an account without using Shared bank slots up.

The shear number of limited use Heirloom recipes use up a mass number of shared bank slot, or become a nightmare to remember WHO is storing them
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

I love that idea, I've been thinking the same thing.
    Geroblue and Xillean like this.
  10. Denmum Developer

Sadly, this is not an option at this time.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Very sad indeed.
    Lateana, Finora and Breanna like this.
  12. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Well that's a shame -- but why do some of these things even need to be heirloom? Potions, patterns, certain recipe books... now there's a good one -- those shadow prospecting recipe books I keep getting from season 3 overseers! For the love of Dog take the heirloom tag off those; its not as though they'd be worth anything, if everyone else gets as many as I do.
  13. Twyla Well-Known Member

I really don't care if you can share the patterns/pots/temp adorns. Please for the love of all the deities give me some place to put them! I made an adorn depot for my toon that has a billion adorns. Went to put the adorns in and noper, can't put them in your personal depot. Don't even get me started on patterns...if there was a place for them wonderful, otherwise they are space hogs. A big help on them would be if they actually stacked.
  14. Laughing Owl Active Member

Denmum something that jsut struck me reading the 2022 roadmap again.

Can you answer if 'at this time' is because folks are fundamentality against the concept, or if they really are working on chaning the server code over to 64-bit code (and client) as per roadmap..... they are not wanting to implement entire 'new' code until after that change.

If possible it would be nice to know if the 'concept' is not in favor, or if the practicality (at this time), of changing the code is not feasible.
    Chikkin and Geroblue like this.
  15. Laughing Owl Active Member

Two thought, possibilities.

1) Any chance for recipes, making them stackable (I.E. if you have three books, you could scribe all three for 9 charges/uses) that alone could cut the 'storage' aspect down immensely as most of us which just scribe and store in the recipe book.

2) For Adorns, could it be looked at and do most of them really need to be no trade or heirloom, or would just no value be enough, and then atleast most of them COULD be put in the existing adorn depot (and possilibty of flagging temp adorns as possible in the (white) adorn depot)
  16. Denmum Developer

The "at this time" is because this is a no from the itemization front. That isn't to say they can't change their minds at some point, but it is a solid no right now.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

If only you had created a storage character named Gildagard or Gildaratna before I did, LOL.

I jest, but I do feel the pain. Even with a designated character, there is still the huuuge hassle of swapping characters and shifting bags around just to get the items moved over to the character that needs them.

Don't know about anyone else, but I don't remember what heirloom items I have on which character when I'm on a character that needs it. (and I suck at keeping track on excel)
  18. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

It does puzzle me, though. Does it really need to be an issue with itemization?

What I am thinking of is how the Shared Bank works to allow all the player's characters on each server the ability to access those designated items, and how the House Vault works so that I can go into any other player's character's house as just a visitor and access my own personal House Vault without touching theirs.

While I don't have a clue about the dynamics of computer programming, I do know it is a mechanic that seems to work on SWtOR where each character can access their individual (character only) storage vault (aka cargo hold) and Legacy Cargo Hold (equivalent of Shared Bank) inside anybody's stronghold.

Heck. I'd be happy if they'd add a subsection to the House Vault similar to the Shared Bank that is just for the Heirloom house items that I want to go to other characters but don't have time to swap characters until another day.
    Breanna, Twyla and Geroblue like this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I feel your pain through my own experiences.

Particularly when I go to run some recipes to increase my skills, and discover, after I used the pot for crafting and the adv/crafting pot, that those items are not only in a different set of depots, but on a different server.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

:confused: :eek: :oops:
    Makes me super glad I kept all my alts on one server, LOL. Which doesn't help when it is an heirloom item I saved for a character that is actually on the other account, roflmao
    Breanna likes this.