New SOE Server Status Page

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Aug 31, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Rapunzyra Guest

Yup...down...

Are they using Oasis to test this? :p
  2. ARCHIVED-Green Feet Guest

As far as I can tell... the way it works is:
    - If the servers are up... they'll show as up and the status page will update every few minutes.
    - If the servers are down... they'll show as up but will not update until they are actually up again... which then leads back to number 1. It's a great way to show the boss that the servers were never down.
    :-( Fail...
  3. ARCHIVED-DanKinney Guest

If the game system stops reporting, then the data will get old.
    There is a system that lives between the "status" (what you see on the page) and the "game". There is a middleman system that we use to monitor statistics. We use this as a push/pull. Each game server pushes status to the monitoring system while other systems (like our status page), pull information from that system.
    We represent the age of the data that we get from the monitoring system with our status so that you can know the credibility of the data, but it appears that the monitoring system gets into a mood. This will be most apparent if a lot if a lot of different servers (across multiple games even) are late reporting.
    -dan
  4. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Is there any way we could get the Login server on that list? Or at least include this data in the feed? If the Login server(s) are down, it doesn't really matter if the servers are up because no new players can log into them. Thanks again for the hard work on this!
  5. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

EQ2Wire now has a server status widget on the right-hand column of our site. Thanks Dethdlr!
  6. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Very nice. :D
  7. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Awesome! :D
  8. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

DanKinney wrote:
    It's doing it again. :( Data is over 14 hours old. :( And DanKinney is out of office today. :(
  9. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

Dethdlr@Butcherblock wrote:
    I will check to see if there is someone else that can fix this.
  10. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

The SOE Server Status page should be fixed now. Thank you!
  11. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Isulith wrote:
    Thanks!
  12. ARCHIVED-Jelrak Guest

Looks like it may be sticking again - just checked it after reading this thread and it hasn't updated in almost an hour.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Ghostpaw@Kithicor wrote:
    Yep. 36 hours and counting. :(
  14. ARCHIVED-Nuadah Guest

Stuck again. Update going on and all server showing as being up. Back to the drawing board I think.
    lol.....now it's showing servers are locked. Silly wires and circuits
  15. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Just a quick note to let you know that for the past couple of days, Test and Test_Copy are flagged as "down" with last update 14h ago. Test and Test_Copy are definatedly up.
  17. ARCHIVED-Valonia Guest

I'd like to see hard numbers instead of those far too general categories publishers use these days.
  18. ARCHIVED-Fazzamar Guest

Valonia@Nagafen wrote:
    They stopped showing hard numbers years ago and said they never will show them again. Was it EQ1 when they stopped showing the actual number? I can't remember, it's been too long.