New SOE Server Status Page

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Aug 31, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

We've got some really great news! We now have an official SOE Server Status Page! The page includes server status information for the following games:
    • EverQuest II Extended
    • EverQuest II
    • EverQuest
    • Star Wars: Galaxies
    • DC Universe Online
    Check it out here: http://www.soe.com/status.
    The information on this page will include up-to-date region, server name, status, and server load information.
  2. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

Wow! Very nice!!!!
  3. ARCHIVED-deadcrickets2 Guest

I will point out a caveat to reading these status indicators. A server like Valor can handle a lot lower amount of players than either AB or Freeport. So when you see it reading High it might be comparible to say Medium with AB. So please keep that in mind when attempting to make server comparisons.
  4. ARCHIVED-DrMod Guest

Ya missed Planetside....
  5. ARCHIVED-KillerHam Guest

Well holy hell, i did not expect this, thanks SOE for a new page, now lets hope they get round to fixing EQ2 Players ^^
  6. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Very nice! Better yet when you turn highlighting on.
    A couple of comments:
    1. Why is the Beta server listed on there?
    2. How about a legend for the status icons? I get it but it's possible not everyone will.
    3. Refreshing with highlighting on drops the highlighting on the game you refreshed.
    4. How about a link to upcoming downtimes for the games? The EQ2 Network Status page has that, though it being collapsed always made it not noticed by many.
  7. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

Very nice indeed...
    Eshaac
  8. ARCHIVED-Hellcatt Guest

How about population numbers?
  9. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Cavatina@Splitpaw wrote:
    Here, I will help;
    Low.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

I love being able to move the games around to float EQ2 up to the top of the page :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Aliscious Guest

Neat. But I don't get what "highlight" is supposed to do.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Aliscious wrote:
    Changes the background color to denote up or down status, but the color is very pale so if you're color blind you might not be able to see it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ixoa Guest

What about Vanguard ?
  14. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Eh no way to move your particular server to the top? No offense but have to scroll down to find AB.
    Maybe a choice to shuffle and lock what you want at the top through the EQ2 servers? A quick look to see if it's there.
    But thanks for making a new page since the old one seemed to never work.
  15. ARCHIVED-DrMod Guest

Anestacia wrote:
    I know, but they always miss it off things.... But now its there :D
  16. ARCHIVED-Aliscious Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    Ah, thanks. I can't see it and I'm not color blind. Guess I'm just old. /shrug
  17. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

Just as an FYI, we compiled a list of your requested changes and got some of them updated! The server status page now includes server information for FreeRealms, EverQuest Online Adventures, EverQuest (Mac), Vanguard and PlanetSide. The rest of the suggested changes are being looked at.
    Thank you for your wonderful feedback
  18. ARCHIVED-Lenoir Guest

Love to see this has been done, Super great! but ehm .. where is Guk on the EQII listing ?? not sure if you are missing more servers, where one is missing more might be... Ortahr.
  19. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Ortahr@Guk wrote:
    Hm .. Guk is missing ...
    Maybe it fell into the Void?
  20. ARCHIVED-DanKinney Guest

I checked on Guk...there was a problem in one of the configs...it is back in the list. Sorry about that.
    -dan