New Shwashy, poisons, inquiries, and hello's

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-graciaso, Dec 31, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-graciaso Guest

Hello all, I'm your newest scurvy dog ( only 21, and psuedo new to the game)on the block and while I've taken to the playstyle like wet to water one thing isn't very clear.
    Poisons
    Here's what I know. We can use three poisons - 1 from of each color. That's about all I know.
    Here's my problem. I can only use one poison. At least, I'm only showing one poison buff, and when "using" a poison of another color, the buff icon is replaced with the newest poison. So is it applying or not, i'm confused.And why would the 3rd gray out?

Swashy Resources
    Is there an up-to-date information site I can reference? Perhaps a rogue specific site like what the necros enjoy? I know theres some stickies and google finds plenty of sites, however, all of them are much older posts and so much seems to change with each expansion I'm unsure about their reliability.

Finally, Hello
    It's good to be here, and I'm enjoying the hell out of my Cattabri. So if anyone is on the AB server say Hi back sometime. It does get lonely humbling the foes in the Steppes.
  2. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

You can use 3 poisons if they are all a different poison type. It sounds to me like you are using the same poison type but its probably for a different level range. As you level you need to purchase poisons appropriate for your level. If they gray out it means you are considerably higher then the intended level for that poison and you should get something appropriate for your level.
    Read my guide (Swashbuckler Guide/Overview), its current and has a whole section on poisons. You can also read the "Poison List, T1-T7 HC and MC" sticky to see what poison is appropriate for your level (the Tier is a level range, T1 = 1-9, T2 = 10-19, T3 = 20-29 etc)
  3. ARCHIVED-ElsaRat Guest

At third tier, you can only use one poison. The other colors of poisons appear as you get to the higher tiers.
  4. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Just to add, I used the guides stickied here and have to say I got a ton of useful information when I swapped mains and was trying to maximize my performance as a Swashbuckler. They are by far more helpful to anyone starting off or not focused solely on raid parses than other sites/forums, and come with 99% less snark.