New Server Choice on Launchpad window.

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Eshaac, Sep 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

There is a new choice on launchpad window "Beta"... and it is downloading bunch of files...
    Sniffs the air.. Beta??? Beta?? oh, oh..
    Eshaac
  2. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Yes this is how you access the beta server. It is currently not locked (Subject to change at any time) as the content is basically the same as the test server but there are no beta buffers or anything setup. This is in preparation for expansion beta.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hordolin Awanagin Guest

/emote waits patiently
  4. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

I started a lil' coercer there.. named Kuuerce.
    I also tried /beta add from live and seems to be enabled, just not sure I actually queued up though.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

I just have to add that Kuuerce made me laugh out loud.
    Goooo beta!
  6. ARCHIVED-Anastasie Guest

I guess /beta add isn't working - I did it on Friday and my toon still isn't showing up. I also created a new toon just to make sure the list would populate =(
  7. ARCHIVED-Hordolin Awanagin Guest

It was made active today. /beta add works and the script runs once an hour.
  8. ARCHIVED-Feralwolf Guest

So pardon my "noobness", I did the beta add command and saw the request in chat. Here is where I get lost, I have been told I must log to char select and wait, I have been told to just play and periodically log in to beta to check, I have been told to wait for in game message. Can someone who has done the /beta add and updated all the files AND gotten into beta on their toon please tell me my next steps?

Also, do i have to stay on the qued toon to be added?
  9. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Once you use the command /beta you do not need to stay logged in or at character select. I would just go ahead and play as normal and check the beta character select every 30min or so till you see them show up. I do know there are sometimes issues with seeing the newly copied characters if you just did the beta download. If it hasn't shown up in like 2 hours create a level one on the beta server then log back to character select and see if it shows up. If not try the /beta again.
  10. ARCHIVED-Feralwolf Guest

tyvm for the help
  11. ARCHIVED-ArtemisClyde Guest

actually, some toons aren't copying period. no idea why. i got plenty of slots and 20 of 25 toons copied just fine, 5 wont copy even if i do /beta, /beta add, wait hours, days. been about 3 days now i try 1-3x/day id say, still no go. i gave up and remade em and buffed. im not the only one though, i know other folks that only have sporadic success with it. just my 2 cents and a heads up :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

ArtemisClyde wrote:
    Can you PM me one of those character names?