New (returning from many years long hiatus) dirge got a question…

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Cacofonix, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Cacofonix New Member

Are there any updated guides for dirges? All I can find regarding rotations and AA’s are posts from 2010 and thus outdated it seems (I am playing on TLE btw)
  2. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Everythings outdated and TLE is like a different game from live. so many changes. I play only on the TLE servers for a long time. Currently active on pvp TLE and have fun with my newish dirge. Suggest to check out dirge aa specs on eq2i, for the TLE servers. you'll notice on tarinax the better lvl 70 dirges are in raid gear/guilded. Not many dirges but they are so needed in groups and raids. recently I asked about what songs to use for groups/raids a dirge guildie posted some advice for me....""
    1. "I usually start off with debuff's obviously ( Verlien's keen, Clara's chaotic, Zander's choral, Disheartening, Daro's sorrowful dirge. Then i pop CoB, bump, scream of death, darksong, stealth, misfortunes kiss, daro's dull blade, luda's nefarious wail, wail of banshee, howl of death + any remaining filler CA's/spells. But make sure to constantly use scream of death, darksong, misfortunes kiss, daro's and luda's the SECOND they pop if you can, as tho's are your top dpsing abilities. Im alway's spam clicking them. for Encounter fights it's basically the same thing, except i start off with wail of the banshee, and jarol's, then proceed with the original cast order, but spam click wail of the banshee/jarols every time they pop, the second that they do.
      can even throw in wail of the banshee when you apply debuffs at the start, to get the dots rolling, which is what i usually do"
    Solo & pvp are totally different, sorry about the format I copied off our discord. Welcome back and GL!
    Cacofonix likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea bards are so special in big Pvp fights the group or raid leader have them on the to kill list even before the healers.

But if you're not in to pvp, the next TLE server comes out in May, up till than we got Kaladim up with a cap of level 90.
    Breanna and Cacofonix like this.
  4. Cacofonix New Member

Hmm question is, if those AA’s are specced into PvP focus?

I also keep seeing that some of the melee buff songs are obsolete due to other classes abilities etc. Not sure if that is the truth or not though. :)

And thank you! :)
  5. Cacofonix New Member

I used to play PvP on Naggy back when it was in DoF expansion. But no, I am not into PvP anymore. :)

I do have an old dirge on Kaladim - she’s 85 atm. But that server seems more dead than a tomb in Egypt. :/ my plan is to start on Varsoon. If things work out the way I hope they will. :)

So far I am just thinking debuffs -> dots -> highest hitting abilities.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Yes, Kaldim is near dead, because a new game came out that a lot of people are playing.
    It is also a fact that people just don't want to invest any more time into a server that is doomed in a month.
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.