New restrictions for silver accounts?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Finora, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

I just got around to logging on my silver account to reset my alt's aa there & rebuff them & such.

When I went o recast her mount I discovered she could no longer use it. It was the quested horse of a different color from the Bristlebane quests. It now has the message that the item needs to be unlocked in order to be used. I'd been riding around on it for quite some time now (never been gold on that account since the game went F2P) with no issues.

I also found it odd that I had no trouble equipping & using the opalescent prowler which is labled fabled.

Are these new unannounced restrictions for free players or is this a bug?
  2. Rhyashaa Member

3. Slydog New Member

While it's obviously an outgrowth of a business model that attempts to squeeze more profit out of f2p/silver accounts, revoking rewards that players worked hard to achieve just seems like a cheap shot (even if there is no game-play disadvantage to losing mounts that didn't give buffs anyway). It just sends the wrong message.
  4. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

You can still (last I checked) put the Horse of a Different Color in the appearance slot with a more conventionaly colored horse as your actual mount.
    Anything Fabled/Legendary that is bought from the SC Marketplace or comes in the claim window, like the Facebook Opalescent Prowler should be Unlocked when you get it, quest rewards and Goblin Games prizes appearantly aren't.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

That is not the point. The point it is was an unannounced change that has all the ear marks of actually being a bug (given the message you get when you try to use one of the locked mounts). These mounts have been usable for months (possibly years if you count when Freeport was the only F2P server). Then suddenly one day you log in and can't use it. No patch notes, no announcements, nothing. It's poor communication & bad form on SOE 's part if it is an intended change.