New red adorn - am confused

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by olleran, Oct 28, 2019.

1. olleran Active Member

The colour of the adorn and the slots it goes into have left me confused

[IMG]

I cannot understand why it does not go into the prelude Cloak / Belt

Also the ethereal armour we have grinded all summer to get now appears obsolete as it does not have a red slot

Am very confused
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's for next expac.
    And we're getting 10 new levels.. ethereal armor is GOING to be obsolete 'soonish' no matter what.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Smitch New Member

I heard this adorn will only work in raid zones.
  4. echoing Member

i could be wrong but if i am remembering right the helm adorn atm is also torrent, so would give the fervor and overcap without the damage and having to be cast every pull, just no gear to put it in which seems like an over site since they have never released something which hasnt been usable for the current xpac/gear.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It does not say that in the examine window we've been shown, whereas the black runes do absolutely indicate that info.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. echoing Member

looks like it is meant to replace this \aITEM 648112232 999707873:Rune of the Tormented Celestial\/a but is sadly a down grade of 5 fervor overcap and 5 fervor. it is like they have several people designing gear and rewards that dont communicate.
  7. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

So The red adorn now available is listed for HEAD slot only which is pretty useless if you selected 3 other pieces of armor .
    I am hoping this was a mistake because if not it was not very well thought out.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It was supposed to be all slots listed in the image but only had head when it it live. A fix is planned for next weeks patch.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  9. echoing Member

Is there any plan on making it better than the current orange or even usable this xpac?
  10. echoing Member

disregard my prev about not being able to use, i see that red have been added to gear, can we get a reason for it being weaker then the rune of tormented celestial orange?
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Because it's easier to get and doesn't do constant damage to the wearer, perhaps?
  12. echoing Member

because if the goal is to go back to red and phase out orange that would mean it is meant to replace it, besides the point though, why not just make it the same 35 and 35 and call it done, that way it frees up and orange and is a nice boost to those that dont raid... and why weapon damage bonus cap, that is 100000000% the most useless thing you could put on. no one hits cap and no one specs into it because auto attack does 0.00000000001% of you parse, even if that gave you another 100 WDB you wouldnt see any change so why even put that on there. my frustration is not just for this 1 orange but the direction they are headed with gearing and itemization, they say they listen to the player but then do 100% the opposite of what is said and requested i just dont get it