New recipes coming ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Riffy, Aug 27, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Riffy Guest

So, I just found this on the TweetChat write up on Zams..
    Q11) Is there any possibility of recipes being available in the SC Marketplace?
    Smokejumper: A11) Yes, sort of! Other way around though. Clarify: We're going to turn a bunch of SC items into recipes. Moving recipes into the tradeskilling community. Much design still to do, but we want this stuff made instead of SC.
    Interesting !
    /wave
  2. ARCHIVED-bluja000 Guest

Having to use station cash to purchase recipes? /Shudder. I really hope they don't ever do that, I'd much rather they put the station cash items into player recipes. I don't mind them being faction or holiday recipes, or being rare and difficult to get. I'd much rather work my way through to gain my plat (err, recipe, I meant, yeah, recipe...), than buy a recipe because I happen to have enough real money (or using bonus sc) to purchase the recipes.
  3. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Trebien@Nektulos wrote:
    Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but it IS happening. Smokejumper himself said it during a TWITCH interview about the new armor models coming out. They will drop in group and raid instances, and be tradeskillable. But there's a catch.....
    The entire system has to be unlocked ON THE SC STORE. In other words, Smokejumper is making you pay SC for IN-GAME content to be available.
    I am beyond disgusted by this, but the only way to send a message that this is unacceptable is to stop buying things on the SC store.

He did throw tradeskillers a bone by saying they will be moving SC items to be tradeskill made, but call that WAY too late, since tradeskillers have been screaming about this particular point for well over a year.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Raienya wrote:
    Are you sure you're not thinking of the recent EQ1 Heroes Forge addition? What you described sounds a lot like that.
  5. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    My apologies, you are correct about that. But honestly, do you think this type of thing isn't far behind for EQ2 as well?
  6. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Raienya wrote:
    That was how they implemented appearance armor for EQ1. We've had appearance armor since launch. :)

However, I wouldn't be shocked if they did add in some sort of unlockable feature. With EQ1's Heroes Forge their biggest flaw, IMO, was making people have to unlock it PER CHAR, not per account. I still play EQ1 off and on and refuse to buy it for two reasons: (1) not an account unlock and (2) no robe appearances.
  7. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Raienya wrote:
    Its been several years actually. And way, way back at the beginning of SC we the tradeskill community suggested that items might get moved to tradeskills as they get older and stop selling on the SC market. Possibly in different colors so that people could continue to purchase the origional item but we'd get the recipe too.
    It sounds like SJ is taking that suggestion. Wait until after Fan Fair and see what they say about it then. Or ask about it yourself if your going.
  8. ARCHIVED-StrainAsylum Guest

AYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAY!