New Rare Item Merchant in Thalumbra

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I am glad to see at last they added the vendor, but have to say very disappointed in the items and prices.
    • Where are the caster items? Was it so simply overlooked or forgotten? Doublecast belt couldn't be that hard to think of when offering the flurry belt. The current DC belt has less stats, 100 mil status and is still stuck with a relic tag. Forcing players to remove another piece of relic gear that in turn was boosted nicely with additional CB/Pot, yet the relic items for sale lack this making them worthless in trade. Those who bought it should be given the option to sell back to the vendor for their status back.
    • Where are the flurry and doublecast cloaks? The fighter one is pretty nice and we would like to see them for all the other classes.
    • Location, Location, Location? No thought here. Move this NPC to the zone in, not in the middle of the contested names pathing.
    • Mount? Why was no mount offered? The sig line mounts are terrible and the raid collection mount will take till November to gear a raid. Golaru is still a better mount, this should be fixed.
    • If a mount is to be added, then remove the stupid resolve buff as the raid mount has and add fervor instead, something actually useful to everyone, not just high end raiders.
    • Green adorns? Who thought this was a good idea? These should be removed and put back into the raid and heroic chests. If these stay, reduce the price to what they should be 800-1000. 8500 just shows the disconnection of the devs and the players.
    • Cyan Adorns? This is something that should have been added. Not just the minuscule chance from the keys.
    • Myth Hammer? Again, nothing for casters for fervor?
  2. Nkito Well-Known Member

Green adorns are just for the min maxers with lots of unused coins stashed.

I still don't have a hammer but do not want it on this merchant either, it's the one item left that I really look forward to dropping.

I would love to be able to get a partial refund on the Zealot belt that was unexpectedly crushed in value a while back but don't see that happening because we can always earn more status through further gameplay.

Cyans and mounts would also be nice but there are clear "best" options for these items, same with armor.

The way I look at these merchants is a few high priced items to consume xpac currency.

Then an easy way to get "casuals" caught up so that current and near future content difficulty can be more easily tuned with more consistent feedback across the entire player base.

And finally, a plethora of charm choices so we can see which are too popular and which stats/effects are ignored by the players. Helps in pinpointing stuff that might be broken or what effects are working better for people.

What we buy and equip is the most honest feedback we can give on itemization.
  3. Ratza Well-Known Member

ROFL
    Livejazz, Moonfyre, Feldon and 2 others like this.
  4. Thechurchofgixx Active Member

Never.......... most plat is made on armor,shinys not weapons or jewelry.
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

True.
  6. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

First click gave me 35% crit bonus/12 doublecast, second time (18 hour recast) got 30,000 ability mod. The buff lasts 3 hours. Have not tried to cancel and reapply but strongly doubt it will let you cycle through until you get the buff you like.
  7. Gilasil Active Member

Thanks for adding this merchant. I was able to fill several things I hadn't been able to before.
  8. Tajar Well-Known Member

Thank you also for having the stuff reasonably priced too. I am no where near 100m status for some of the other stuff, I was afraid there would be insane status prices on these too but thankfully not.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I found two upgrades for me, and this will be a big help as I level alts.
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Grouchey New Member

If they put a gear merchant there too, no one will ever have to play. As it is, they have taken away half the reason for grouping.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Billyrayy Active Member

I log in to raid and that's it. There is literally no reason for me to group at this point. My mains and alts have had gear for awhile now, the merchant provided a few upgrades and filled a few voids with tons of currency to spare. I refuse to do the key quest for a .001 chance at a super nice item, but that would really be the only reason I would have to log in at all besides to raid.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  12. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Mixed emotions about this. Granted, its been done like this in the past, but since there's a current move toward removing stacking jewelry / etc (for lag reasons?) seems like a little bit of a step backwards really. The hounds have been released and everyone who's run a solo zone for coins/status now has access to the gear that's theoretically being phased out.

Yet, those same players really needed some of this stuff to boost their resolve to begin running in the zones that are dropping the "newer" non-proc / stacking gear. So, idk. My alts are happy.

Some prices are decent. Some are outright dumb, but I think you know this already.
  13. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

warlock, wizzy, necro, I understand. elementalist- I am going to assume they mean conjuror here, so...erm...what's the witch class?
  14. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I tried very hard to like my Scourge Keep charm with the Warrior's Way effect.

On my assassin, I tried to use it in group, and in raid. I tried to use it before pulls, and tried using it in my FFU chain. I just cannot make this charm work.

The cast and reuse times are too long to make it viable. 5 seconds (cast time) is precious to an assassin where we make lots of hits in quick succession, and 8 min (recast), hell, most of my zones are over or nearing it by then. I've had groups where some of the zones have been done in less than 5 minutes (bar brawl, uzulu deep, submerged, howling gateway) (I've done palace and algorithm in less than 8, and tepid depths in less than 10).

So a single use per zone out of the charm is just not reasonable when I have options like the salvo charm (less on stats, which makes me sad) but way more useable (insta-cast and less than 2 min re-cast). So, while the stats on the Scourge Keep charm are pretty, I'll do nothing more with it than let it rot in my bag.

Cheers, itemization.
  15. Lucus Well-Known Member

the red cloak and belt serves as a good flurry one if you dont need attack speed then you can use it and reforge out of the block chance. as for the lack of doublecast cloak and belt they definitely should be on the vendor.
  16. Missjade New Member

I disagree with this, I just came back to game in December. I actively group and I raid constantly. I just replaced my advanced solo gloves last freaking week. I am always out trying to get better gear and I either always lose on rolls or the gear just doesnt drop. I think a gear merchant would be fantastic. I bought a couple pieces from the current merchant, and I still continue to group because I just love killing stuff.
  17. Raenius Well-Known Member

In my opinion such a merchant should just offer exchangeable pieces for stuff you can`t use on your class because you got bad RNG most times.
    Which means you would have to do instances/content in the past in order to deck you out.

Just obaining high quality items for neglectable status/coin is questionable for my taste, even if it is towards the end of an expac- hence I quite liked merchants during Sentinels Fate where you obtained patterns you could trade in for your desired piece.

Only thing I would make obtainable for silly prices is green and purple adornments - like 50k currency and 250k plat - but that is another story.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.