New Rare Item Merchant in Thalumbra

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prymas11 New Member

Cool idea but the prices are a little out of whack. 50 Coins for a Lacerator but 8500 each for the new green adorns. I used to run the Heroic weekly with my group every week (in addition to other zones and Event Heroics), plus run the Adv Solo weeklies on my main and one alt for months, and if I pool every last coin together from both toons I can purchase one adorn. Those things should be about 2500, which still represents a good amount of investment.

Does anyone have one of the Incandescent/Luminous Deep Mushrooms? They look intriguing, casting a random buff from inventory. How significant is the buff? What kind of duration? Can you cancel if you get one you don't like and then re-click?
  2. Blambil Active Member

Thank you.

As someone with a ton of coins, but bad luck winning loot, I was able to fill in a couple pieces I've been trying to get for weeks..

I like the prices.. much more reasonable that I was expecting. A couple of the items need some adjustment, but it's good progress!

• Missing Doublecast belts/cloaks/neck
    • too many charm items.. geez..
    • Golaru of Color (dropped mount) should be there.
    • Myth earring doesn't belong.
    • green adorns 10x too expensive.. should be 800 coin or so each.
    Hiza, Prissetta and Zythus like this.
  3. sycla Active Member

I think the mage belt is missing as they have it up for 100 mill SP and the poor blokes who got it at 100SP would see red
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

[IMG]

This is great, but where's the DPS one? Why 8500 coins?? That seems a bit excessive, especially for an adornment. Where are caster belts? And why is he in such a weird spot?!
    Arclite likes this.
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

Agreed. Some key variants missing and the green adornment should be tops 1000 coins and that is it.
  6. Zythus Active Member

please add mage cloaks and belts to the mercant! :)
  7. Fuzzybunny Member

Yay! I'm am glad to see this merchant. I see the play-all-day-and-half-the-night-in-their-parent's-basement crowd is whining about it, here and in game, but those of us who work for a living appreciate a path to these items that fits a I-have-a-life schedule.

I too would like to see more caster items on the merchant. I didn't check every item but I saw plenty of flurry but no doublecast.
    Blambil likes this.
  8. Heck62 Active Member

I bought the mage relic belt,It would not make me angry to see a non-relic belt for mages on the new merchant.
  9. Raiivann Member

The easiest way to target someone you can't see is to use "/target <npcname>" if you know the NPC's name; or you can use "/target_nearest_npc" if you don't.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Prices on adorns should stay high imo, gives people something to work towards, and is finally a use for the currency.

As for belts/cloaks, there has been a SDA belt available on relic merchant since day 1 of expac, not sure its such an issue to be finally offering a flurry alternative 6 months after expac.

It's not like there isn't good mage/priest stuff on there too. Early Advantage wand for example.
  11. Zythus Active Member

my problem isnt that they arnt offering the mage cloak on the merchant, its the fact you can get the flurry for a a tiny ammount of status, yet the mage ones still cost 100million - just seems abit odd to me

they have got some good items on their though, im not even that worried now tbh - about 5 minutes after i posted that, i got my mage cloak from palace lol
  12. Kaarkula Active Member

umm well...

It's not even close to the same... the mage belt is relic and costs 100 million status.

These belts are cheap and non relic.

It honestly looks like a mistake/bug

Mage equivalents need to be there also.
    Hiza likes this.
  13. Dabb Active Member

This was a great idea, thank you. Oh, I saw Gixxmart was having a "Going Out Of Business" Sale this morning...lol :D
    Moonfyre and Feldon like this.
  14. Locospy Member

I think its pretty awesome that people who before couldn't afford a lacerator can now, ! :D lot of people who dreamed of that nice weapon can finally get it for a decent price.
  15. sycla Active Member

really you think 100 mill staus and relic tag is same as scout options on the merchant..#$%^&*() unbelievable a#$%^&*(
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

How about 6 months of content with no scout option available off a merchant?
  17. spinnock New Member

I think it was a good idea to add this vendor thank you! There are other MMO's that have something like this, I believe it might generate more grouping among the population, gives them a reason to get the queens coin and a goal to get something as Daybreak put it to acquire those pesky items that have eluded folks trying to farm them n still no luck. In edition it brings more population back to the TOT area for queens coin for said items, it may also reduce the lag in the GU 100 zones by reducing the population there, creating a more balanced spread among the masses. I also agree that some items were missing that could be added or perhaps some armor also? Many folks have busy schedules and get so many said hours to play per day/per week and cant farm these items over and over all day but now they have the option to do the solo/group zones and save up to get the items if they cant repeatedly farm them all day and nite and be on to catch a SLR deal at the exact moment it may be for sale. I don't feel it will hurt the SLR folks because people will still buy and get that instant purchase option from them who are short on queens coin but have plenty of plat. So now we have options, we can use tons of our queens coin and status or group to still get the items or acquire them off the auctions. Now if they could just bring back some of the Public Quests which in the past always went over good to acquire items with would be awesome! There are a ton of people that play that work, have families etc that have a limited play time for themselves some it may be 2-3 hours a day and some it may be on there days off. So with these types of vendors and added public quests this allows folks to get that few hours in and actually achieve/acquire items that take countless hours and the luck of the roll or dkp to get. Yes it may take them longer than the folks that have the opportunity to play more, but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel for them. This vendor is going to generate more groups to acquire more coin by completing the bigger weekly/daily quests and if they added some PQ's well that will allow as it always has in the past for folks to meet, make new friends and go out and group up with instead of doing a random LFG PUG and left complaining that this person didn't know how to play etc etc. PQ's gives folks that way of meeting others and knowing exactly if their new friends know their class or not and meet their standards of what they actually need/want in a group. Just my 2 cents and im sure many wont agree and that would be the folks that have the time to play harder longer hours than others, but its options and everyone can chose which one is best for them. I personally raid and enjoy it and do heroics and will continue to do so, im just saying options are nice and not everyone has the luxury to play full throttle. These options will of course take a longer time to get things but at least they would be there to painstakingly chip away at to acquire. And yes I agree also with someone who posted about that elusive duck portal, it would be nice to see it spawn more often or maybe let more than 1 person in at a time, maybe the person that spawned it and a few others to get in if they are the next 2-3 that can get there first to click on it, if its full of the maximum then a message could appear when they click on it that the maximum hunting licenses have been met try again next season:)
    Sejreia likes this.
  18. Kaarkula Active Member

Scoundrels slip... and what exactly was the great mage item on the vendor?
    Kittybock and Hiza like this.
  19. Zythus Active Member

[IMG]
    Leeroy, Missjade, Feldon and 2 others like this.
  20. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello thier

This uptade and the item are realy good

and now the big WTF !!!!!:mad::mad:

Thier is an Cloak and Belt for Scouts and Tanks but were are these items for Cloth Class?? :confused::rolleyes:
    I dont discoverd one of these items which has doublecast stats, this is one of the primary ability for Mages and some Supports Classes.

Its a fact that the scout DDs are overpowerd since ToT Addon is runnig, but now all mages are screwed again.:(

I hope this is only a temporary mistake that the Cloth Cass / Mage Belt and Cloak is missing and its comming soon.:oops:

I hope it will be fixed as fast as possible , i want to upgrade my Witch.

So many players are playing Witch / Worlock / Wizzy or Necromancer or Elemntalist, these are most played DDs in EQ2 so why this stuff is missing from the beginning of a new update ??

MFG Helfiren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.