New Race Concept / Starting City / Refurbishing

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Grimlux, Feb 15, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Grimlux Guest

I actually had thought about this last night while I was in Enchanted Lands. I got so excited I had to post.
    My idea derives around the lore behind the Shadowed creatures. Lamia (Torrent) I think the race is called, atleast their language is. It get's a bit confusing when you throw in the shadowman language with these as well, but it seems that some zones heavily populate both the Torrent and the Shadowed men which include: Enchanted Lands, Rivervale, Obelisk of Lost Souls, Lesser Faydark, Obelisk of Blight, and of course all the little encampments that can get you to Obelisk of Lost Souls spread around norrath.
    [IMG] [IMG]
    For the female and male model, which may need a little work for character customization include a representation of the Lamia and the Nightblood models. Naturally, this would be an evil race. There is so much you can do to make this race work out. One of the more obvious abilities is to be able to port around Norrath from your home city using the purple clouds of smoke.
    [IMG]
    This soul sucking race could even have a home starting point/home city. This can be easiliy done without even adding a new continent for them. Enchanted lands can get the Nektulos forest beating stick (some call it the nerf). Rivervale can in turn be the starting home city. The ability to level from 1-20 within Rivervale and then exiting Rivervale into the Enchanted lands which would range from 20-40.
    Not only would you be adding a new race with whatever racial ability anyone could think of, but also a race that has an amazing travel ability. (I can think of a number of regular complaints about travel times I read) You would also be taking 1 dead zone and 1 zone that the majority of people only use to get to Runnyeye and turning into a bustling new freeport alliance. How this race would betray from their evil nature is beyond me though :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

[p]I just realized something: If they added Void Beings into the game as a playable race, they would *HAVE* to be evil. Period. Absolutely NO POSSIBLE WAY to Betray to Good Classes. These guys are Nihilistic and only want to see the destruction of everything. It would not be possible for them to support any form of mentality of doing anything beside chaotic destruction and manipulation.[/p][p] [/p][p]what do you think?[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Grimlux Guest

[p]Well anything is possible with imagination however, a betrayal line for this race would be tricky. I couldnt imagine an ability to port around continents as an evil race would get much in complaining department of people, but then again people complain about everything. lol. [/p][p]I think a Lamia would be awesome to play with the devil tail and the succubus gettup. ;)[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Lamias would be cool, but nightbloods are WAAAAY to large for convenience.
  5. ARCHIVED-ChildofHate Guest

[p] The same could have and should have been said / done for the Fae. 100% GOOD. no alignment switching, betraying, etc... but then you always have the players that say (whine) "well, there's always that miniscule percentage of the population of that race that will be 'the bad egg' and we as players should be able to be part of that percetage and play as an evil character" No amount of logic will ever sway that methodology of thinking even if you were able to physically beat them about the head and shoulders with it... they'd still have the dillusional thinking that there should always be the ability to go the opposite way.[/p][p]I agree with you 110% that is certain cases, such a switch should not be possible. But you know as well as i do that what i have just stated will forever and always exist in certain players' minds. Prime example: every pixie dust sprinkling, candy coated, fluttering fae that will soon be infecting Freeport.[/p][p]/auc WTB can of Raid. ~ PST[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah but void beings arent even from Norrath. We dont even know if it's possible for them to show compasion or even know what it is. All we know is that they're a nihilistic race who wants the absolute destruction of everything.

With that in mind, I'd say that being "Good" is not technically possible.
  7. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

[p]A Void race should have 100x the bad faction that the Iksar had with the rest of Norrath when RoK was released. They don't want to just gobble up Antonia's side, they want the whole enchilada. They'd be beyond "evil" and couldn't be used as any sort of balance to the Fae for this reason. Lucan should want them destroyed as much or more than his wanting to sieze Qeynos and rule Norrath. Antonia isn't a challenge to Lucan, the Void creatures are.[/p][p]And no, Fae should not be able to betray. [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Deadrus Guest

[p]I just cant see playing Lamia/Nightbloods working. It would be its own seperate faction. And it would rednder several instances useless to this race as far as exp and loot. And it would leave Freeport agian at another disadvantage. (especialy on PVP severs) The next evil Race/City must be able to be Allied with Freeport much like Kelethen is with Qeynos to blance the game back out how it should be. Right now the game is unbalanced (it terms of good and evil) and adding this new seperat Lamia faction would unbalance the game enven more then it is right now. [/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Grimlux Guest

[p]That's not entirely true. Freeport and Torrent beings could have multiple reasons for forming an alliance. Freeport could want to harness the power of being able to transport around norrath with more ease with their military. The Torrent could want to be aligned with freeport for a more proactive way of enslaving Qeynosians and good races with the help of the Militia. [/p][p]Kinda like I scatch your back you scratch mine.[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-RedDragon215 Guest

They added Fae....good race.....Now we need a bad one :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

[p]Well they could make a race based off of lamia/nightbloods...probably a mix of a humanoid being (not demon) and a lamia...or nightblood.[/p][p]The males could have Big horns and other features of nightbloods and the females could have the tail and other features...but still looking humanoid. Lol thats all i could think of :p[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Grimlux wrote:
    More like "You scratch my back, I enslave and exploit yours". The latter being the Void beings to Freeport.
  13. ARCHIVED-Deadrus Guest

[p]Grimlux wrote: [/p]
    There would be no scrach my back and ill scratch yours. The void dont want allies they want just destructoin becuase they want it. They dont and wouldnt ever care to be allied with freeport. And what cusahorn said it be more like well enslave and exploit yours. And Lucan wouldnt stand for that he likes being on the top and when there is another city to Ally with freeport there would have to be a way for Lucan to think he could be on top in the deal. And the Void beings have destoryed many worlds why would they "want help" from its inhabitance. Lucan would be smarter then to even think about being allied with them.