New PVP Server in 2020?

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by BaKKo, Oct 7, 2019.

1. BaKKo New Member

I am not an active player and I am sure everyone will say that its like beating a dead horse at this point, but I for once had an absolute blast in Deathtoll and would love similar experience again. Yes Nagi was a failed experiment (tried it myself) but its a learning curve, right? o_O

I saw a couple of comments say something about seeing DEV's mentioning a server for the beginning of 2020, but I haven't been able to find anything. Can anyone confirm? That nostlagia is real, after listening to the OG soundtrack. Don't really see a valid reason for having temp-servers for something where grind and ongoing progress is a big thing.

p.s. feel free to bash me and the idea, I know there have been a lot of threads already :D
    Siren likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I heard those rumors too yes and it was posted on one of those other social web sites
    well we see when it get's closer to next year , if that turns out to be truth or not .
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

It's not a rumor. Kander stated it himself on Discord. What he said, though, is not a guarantee. He only said there are discussions happening about the possibility of a permanent PvP server sometime next year. That's it. Nothing more. It's quoted several time in the other thread in the PvP forum.
    Breanna, Schmetterling and Siren like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

so I must have heard the news from you Dude , I would say a very credible source.:D
    Siren, Breanna and Dude like this.
  5. Jarvan New Member

I'd urge you both to move froward to a different game, because even if they open a new pvp server, they will not take care of it and it will die. Look at the track record.

Alot of us have pushed for fixes, countless bug reports, suggestions, etc. and nothing has been heard, ever fixed, nor have we ever even gotten a Dev response in forums addressing the issues of why these servers keep failing.
  6. BaKKo New Member

I have moved on on long ago. I play mostly shooters, some semi-rpg games.. but at the end of the day, nothing feels like an old-school EQ2 and if I am to commit to an MMO fully again, it would only be EQ2. Who knows, say they address the issues after they have more time & resources to spare after the expansion, push out a server similar to Deathtoll and make changes time to time. Leave it be. It works it works, if it doesnt it doesnt... it brings people back and with the sub-based system, they get a financial boost.
    Siren likes this.