New PVP adornment and set bonus review...

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Xeos, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Xeos Well-Known Member

So first off, I have all imperial jewelry, but it is not giving me my 2 piece bonus. Not sure if it only activates during PVP, so hopefully it does. If it is supposed to activate as the armor bonus does when all the pieces are equipped, when not engaged in PVP combat well then it is NOT working as intended.

Secondly, nearly all of the new adornments are great. However, I would love to see a few additional adornments.

(TPM = Times Per Minute)

Power Tap - On spell or combat hit taps "x" amount of power. It should be fairly high about 500. Procs 2 TPM
    Lose target - On damage received, will force target to clear their selected target for 1 second. Procs 2 TPM
    Damage Reduction - On damage received 10% chance to trigger a 5% damage reduction effect. Procs 2 TPM
    Stoneskin - On damage received 5% chance to absorb 1 attack. Procs 2 TPM

I also believe the cost of the new adornments is a bit steep, 3500 per item is insane. Maybe 2000 at max.
  2. acoloss Active Member

how do i buy all the adorns on beta server ??? to test them.. when are people on to test??

we need to make sure these adorns aren't OP... i'm thinking that full set of mending adorns + these heal/lifetap procs could be OP for some classes..

Agree with power tap procs, they would be good...and maybe dmg reduction..

not sure about stone skin and lose target though... stone skins normally cause certain classes (normally crusaders) to be unkillable.
    lose targets could be ok.. but i think there might be enough of that now.. it could start effecting group pvp with healers being extremely hard to kill (with stone skin ring + another stone skin proc, + losing target).
  3. Xeos Well-Known Member

If you have a lot of extra tokens you can test them out Vaco. They are 3500 a piece and sold by the adornment merchant. Though the actual testing and parsing of them will be tricky as no one is online. If you want hit me up with a message on the forums we can arrange something to test them out in BGs there. I just want them balanced and ready to go on launch.
  4. acoloss Active Member

i can only afford one lol.. would be good if they didn't cost anything on the beta server.. or i could hail someone that gives me 1000000 tokens
  5. Xeos Well-Known Member

Well there is a workaround. Beta copy transfer tokens to another toon, delete that toon, beta copy again, rinse and repeat.
  6. Delethen Active Member

Target drop procs would be op, and the power tap you want - are you talking about taking 500 power off the target with those? Because you can forget about that if so, can't even do that much damage with mental breach AA and mastercrafted poison. For what its worth, mental breach generally drains 386 power for me (that's the robust stuff though, the mastercrafted stuff doesn't drain much more than that).

Damage reduction and stoneskin maybe if it was capped so you couldn't stack it, otherwise would be abused i'm sure.
  7. Xeos Well-Known Member

The 500 would be the power portion to the attacker. It doesn't even need to be a power drain, just a power proc. And yes of course they would have to cap the amount of anything, besides there are only so many slots. They could simply put the restriction of "can only proc once every 15/30/60 seconds and so forth. Those are great limiters.
  8. Delethen Active Member

Oh and yeah, the set bonuses are only going to come into effect when you're in pvp combat. Not quite sure why that is, they don't seem that out of the ordinary to the pve stuff to me.
  9. Xeos Well-Known Member

Thanks, great to know. I was looking at the required set pieces and it said "Imperial Butcher's Rings" I was like wtf are those and where do I get them. Hopefully that is a good sign of new items in the works.
  10. babygangzsta New Member

Hey This Babygangzsta I went on beta as well what i seen on the bonus set is they got it set up as you have to have one 94 and one 95 imperial item i was getting my bonus stat...look at it carefully hope this helps....
  11. Delethen Active Member

You know what, I just don't think they're working properly, at least the scout earring which is the only one I just tested. 2 praetor imperial ones only showed as 1/2, even buying a 94 earring and equipping that with the 95 ear as Babygangzsta suggested, it was still only showing as 1/2.
  12. Xeos Well-Known Member

So I applied some adornments to my gear that were supposed to increase in power when stacked. That was not the case, didn't change a thing. SOE will need to fix this.
  13. Daalilama Well-Known Member

What!!! An soe proc that doesnt work as intended.....
  14. Xeos Well-Known Member

Touché
  15. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I dont know adding pvp centric procs back into game....next thing you know..gulp...their designing pvp gear with class specific set bonuses....oh wait that was tso.
  16. Xeos Well-Known Member

Still haven't been able to test these in a BG, hopefully more people get on test or they enable PVP on the test server.
  17. Cynicisim Active Member

Tried to get the set bonus on the rings but it says I need the Pretor's Imperial Hoop (lvl 95 which I have) and the 2nd set bonus ring is called "Imperial Butcher's Rings" which I cannot find.

Result is "Imperial Butcher's Hysteria" 1/2.

Am I missing something?
  18. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

It seems that every classes jewelry set bonus can not be completed because the other piece needed does not exist. Going to need a Dev's help on this one.