New PQ Celestial Junk, why?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Ozzello, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Ozzello Member

Running PQ after PQ after PQ to get the items, AWESOME that shoulders were added, but getting Celestial shoulders I cannot use?

There should be a trade in vendor or something.

I know people who have gotten 5 or more sets of shoulders, and just cant seem to get one of the sets they can use. Even crushed, the 1 set I got wasn't even a mana, and I run PQs, I host PQs. I camp PQs. If it isn't time for the few heroics I get in, or guild raid, I am RUNNING PQs.. another set I can't use, will just make me resent having spent money to play this game.

, I am far from the only one dealing with this stupidity, and getting mad while playing a game I pay for , that should be FUN.. we have enough chores to do getting our toons up to speed.

Someone had a good idea, now finish thinking about it, and do it right.
    Gojiria likes this.
  2. Ozzello Member

I failed to mention, that with the new hardcap on the number of people in a zone, it is with difficulty, that we can even run half the number of PQs per time spent trying to, so again, to FINALLY get Celestial shoulders, but not be able to use them, sucks.
    Gojiria likes this.
  3. Anfis Member

what i dont like is that they call it random in what you get but how the heck do i get the same items over and over Never getting a Celestial and not just the PQs but the token merchant has given me the same fabeled wrist 5 times in a row.....and its mit/block!!! 80+ tokens with plat and status for nothing its adding up and rather lame i cant up my resolve with the intented ways
    Gojiria likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I know I am not going to change the minds of folks who have odd superstitions about the RNG, but...

Flip a coin, 1000 times. Record the results. Look at the results, and you will see "streaks" in places. Each coin flip (or loot roll) is a unique event. Neither ordinary randomness nor the RNG look at prior results in determining the current result.

Also, if you examine the loot box (Crown Receptacle or whatever the name of the lootbox is), you can see a large number of possible rewards. What you DON'T see is that the list of possible loot is WEIGHTED. The devs don't want everybody to have the best goodies. So they weight the table so that it's harder to get CELESTIAL loot, for example.

Be thankful, if you look, some of the lootboxes have a ton of Overseer crap that no one wants (think the Bazaar merchants T7 boxes as an example). The T7 box seems to be weighted for forearms and belts, if I judge only by my dozen or so data points, but that's not nearly enough data points to posit an actual percentage weight for the items.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

I got 15x the Harmonic Ascendial Defender Band (= ring) from the bazar trader.. That's why i dont like the EQ2 random generator ;)
    Bhayar likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I appreciate the explanation, but will take exception to the notion of "odd superstition about the RNG" and here's why:
    Something is either random or it isn't. Saying a system is "based on RNG" when in fact it is not random but is highly governed by a weighted loot table is the definition of idiocy. When I say idiocy, I'm not referring to you Sig, I'm referring to this loot drop system that is completely illogical. Frankly, who cares whether everyone has an EQUAL chance at getting loot. For the love of all that's holy, it's about time people who play this game actually feels like someone cares about them. Right now, my impression is this isn't a game that's been designed and implemented well, it's nothing more than a cash cow and the only mechanisms that work flawlessly are the ones designed to bleed the player base. If the whole Scepter of Shadows situation doesn't wake people up (you have to actually BUY the recipe item for cash), then I don't know what will. Seriously, I love this game (or what it used to be), but the entire focus seems to be bleeding the player base dry with little initiative to continue playing. I know at least one person at DPG has said, "we're a lot farther along right now than we were last xpac." Well doh, you haven't spent virtually any time with designing a new environment, you've reused last xpac. Playing mechanics are a hot mess of failure, heroic zones are crazy (most of our guild and related friends have stopped going into them) and raiding--well, that's a whole different discussion. Any rate, best of luck with all this, because I'm already starting to see fewer and fewer people log in. Right now, the only thing really happening in the game is PQs and that's already messed up at the moment. Hope this gets sorted out soon because frankly, I have concerns about the future over the next two months.
    Priority, Argosunited and Gojiria like this.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

Only disagreement I have is the xp bauble. It's rewarded through the raid quest.
    Bhayar likes this.