New players tip #2: How to make a few plat in your 30s if you still don't want to tradeskill!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-rifter2, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-rifter2 Guest

This is for the people who already made a few gold from the method I mentioned earlier. . . .
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tips&message.id=6667

Then they decide it's too slow for making Plat.

Since I mentioned doing this in another post... here's how you do it.
    First, you need to kill a bunch of named mobs. Then, loot their master spells, and sell them on the market.

Now, not all named mobs drop masters. Some of them are for quests and such. However in Varsoon there are a number of mobs you can farm when you are in the high 30's. By level 38 you are too late. The first named mob will have turned grey sometime by the end of this level. They all turn grey by 40.

There are 5 nameds in Varsoon's low level area. Each respawns on a 10 minute timer. Where else at a low level can you kill so many named mobs so predictably? If you are a class that has invis that is the best. This has to be the easiest spot in the world to farm nameds. At least, my conjuror could solo it. To get ,more masters, my conjuror turned experience off. So I couldn't level. That way I could stick around longer and get more money.

Now.

I already hear you flaming me. Don't bother wasting your breath.

Here's the point: I have a life. I don't have time to tradeskill. However, I can log in and kill a named or 2. (20 minutes for respawns if the nameds were not up, can I can invis and go away and look after my 2 year old in that time, then come back). And hope for a master. However, in 20 minutes I could not make a comparable amount of progress in any tradeskill. Not with walking away waiting for respawns ) )

Flame if you want. I have since moved on from this. And no longer do it. That's why I don't mind if it becomes common knowledge. I am a bit of a philanthropist. I hope others succeed, and if I know this will help them. Heck, it was common knowledge when I was doing it. There was often competition for the nameds. I got the idea from observing others!

Here you go. First, every time you kill a named, look at the clock. Remember, 10 minute timer.

Here is a very important tip: Varsoon has, in effect, 2 areas. They are divided by the barrel. You walk through a barrel into an area with much higher mobs. If you ever walk through a large huge barrel and drop down 2 feet to the ground and find yourself in the middle of some skeletons, you will know what I mean. At the level that you need to be to farm the masters I am talking about, you need to turn around and go back.

Second, don't worry about dying. I died many many times. Basically it is a little bit of item damage. Whatever. It's worth plat, isn't it, if you are in the point of the game where you don't have many plat, who cares. It's worth it. Death is meaningless. It's a means to understanding your limitations. Of becoming better at killing the nameds. Of becoming better at your CLASS! It's educational. It took me many deaths to figure out how to kill the Alchemist MOST of the time. I could care less. Remember, I posted about BASE jumping. (http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tips&message.id=6018) Death is meaningless. You will be resurrected. You will live again. Get rid of your emotions about it. It's fact.

There are 5 nameds. Right when you zone into Varsoon and come out of the tunnel, there is a large pit. There a placeholder spider "regal" or a named spider in the bottom of the pit at all times. The named has 2 helpers.
    Go around the pit and through the tunnel. There is a named "Captain" or a placeholder on the platform at all times.
    In the other round room there are 2 named. This room has a naked high elf wearing no top, she is in a cage. There are 2 placeholders (or nameds) up on the platform. Each named has a number of helpers.
    In the opposite room is the "sergeant" or the named "captain" skeleton. He has about 4 helpers.
    In the final room before you hit the beer barrel tunnel is the named Alchemist. He has 2 helpers. He is the hardest of the nameds in the first part of Varsoon, judging by the amout of deaths my 38 conjuror dealt with against him.

Chest diagnosis

A metal chest is a master chest.
    A metal chest with a square top will drop a wearable piece of armor.
    A metal chest with a rounded top will drop a Master Spell.
    Sometimes both above types will drop a rare tradeskill item.
    This is what you want.
    Spells or tradeskill items. They both sell for decent gold. like 25. or so. (*Prices subject to change).
    You will find the good drops come in spurts. I have noticed a trend that the nameds seem to drop more master spells on weekends.
    I don't know why. But I can guarantee it's true, from maybe killing oh say, 200 of them or more in Varsoon. Of those 5 that I mentioned.

I also died about 25 times or more doing this. Was it worth it? Well, I don't have time to tradeskill. I have 12 plat or so. Maybe. It was also fun.

Keep one last thing in mind. If there is an honest group, crawling through the dungeon the old fashioned way... GIVE THEM THE NAMEDS. Don't compete. Don't make them complain that you are soling all the nameds, and then Sony won't find a way to take this away.

That's it. Make several plat this way on a casual basis. At 25 gold a piece selling masters on the broker.

GOOD LUCK = )

Remember. Never steal nameds. Let younger groups who are taking a lot of time and effort to fight their way through the dungeon take them. They are younger and cannot solo or duo the nameds. Always let them take them or Sony will find a way to nerf you if there are a lot of complaints. And there will be. Be nice. Practice the Golden Rule. Keep in mind I let groups take say, maybe 10 of the entire time I was there and took 200 or so. It's insignificant to your pocketbook and good for your soul.

Always remember, "?" items are valuable. Especially since the Kingdom of Sky Expansion, since Collection Quests are now one of the ways to get AA points. They also still give great experience. Collect them wherever you go. You will find LOADS of "?" in every room in Varsoon's first area.
    Kill nameds, Collect "?" sell them. Make that your motto )
    Message Edited by rifter2 on 03-20-200610:59 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-FallenFeather Guest

Also called farming, I dont mind this at all as long as ppl arent running around and stealing nameds and being unpolite about it, but save some for the poor and needed, especialy if they need the mob for a quest.
  3. ARCHIVED-Yodaya Guest

Thanks for the tips.
    I also used to farm an instance (6 hour timer) once in the morning and once in the evening for 6 days straight. No competition was here because it is an instance. I just logs in, go to the instance and kill the named. It was so easy and took me only 5 minutes to do it. As you can see I got 12 drops during these 6 days and sold them for 20g per piece = 2.4 plat. However, i got tired of that, lol.
    Then I moved on, never to farm that place again.
    But, I haven't tried much on other instances. But, I am pretty sure most of the instances have named mobs and they always will be there when you zone in. And specially on a PvP server those instances are guaranteed to be SAFE. So, I guess instance farming is better than contested area farming and you don't disturb anyone else.