New players can't group in this game

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by aindriu, Jul 11, 2018.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

No, I'm asking for the product I purchased to be playable without 3rd party tools. Don't get me wrong, I love Dragon's Armory and EQ2U.
    Rhodris likes this.
  2. Clintsat Well-Known Member

But you won't have anyone who will go with you a second time, just like EQ2....
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The difference is, with golf I can improve my game somewhere else, but in EQ2 the gear is locked behind the game. So EQ2 has no 'driving range' realistically.
    Jaeded likes this.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

My top tips for getting groups in this game as a new/returning player.

1. Go to Plane of Magic, get loot from npc at zone in
    2. Ensure you've done KA Timeline and unlocked Ascension - 4 Hours
    3. Complete PoP timeline. Do all 3 factions. Equip offhand weapon. - 2 Days
    4. Do Panda quests in Sundered Frontier to unlock the level 5 Asc boost. - 3 Hours
    5. Level Ascn to 5 with boost, buy white adorns.
    6. Level Ascn to 10 with quest rewards. Start researching level 10 stance spell.
    7. Start running solos. Collect spare gear.
    8. Level Transmuting to be able to mute level 110 items. - 2 Hours with a bit of plat (not a lot)
    9. Work on Epic 2.0 in between the above. Yes it sucks, but it's worth it.
    10. Ensure you have a sensible AA spec. Get HP stuff to survive. Self Ward, Max HP in Prestige tree etc.
    11. Get Potency to 40k, start joining Heroic groups.*
    12. Transmute anything spare you get.
    13. In between heroic zones, do solos. Do more of your epic. Don't sit around doing nothing. Jump in PQ's and see if they are being done.
    14. Eventually you'll have the components to get the level 5 PG runes.
    15. Keep an eye on broker. Some very nice loot is often available cheap.
    * The most important part of this whole process - Join a populated Social guild with friendly people. Talk, be nice, be friendly, and if someone says "2 spots for group", reply "I'm kind of low but would you let me join?" Chances are you'll get groups.
    Yes it will take some time, and a bit of dedication, but it is doable. It's not a full time job as some people like to think. Act sensibly, don't be afraid to ask for help/groups, and get yourself in a social guild.
    Cyrrena, Tajar, Katz and 5 others like this.
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Phew!! A non-massive-wall-of-text giving good advice that won't frighten off a returning player (or even some currently playing)!!

You deserve a duck mount, Errrorr....oh, wait..... :D
    Mizgamer62, Gillymann and Mermut like this.
  6. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Yes, a simple, reasonable and easily understandable prescription for the problem.

But do not give that guy any more ducks. I'm pretty sure he's naming them, and then having them for dinner.
    Mizgamer62 and Rhodris like this.
  7. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Nice list, but to new players its still confusing as hell. The part about "not being a full time job" .....eh yeah it kinda is till the list is done... or it's going to take a lot longer than most veterans let on. I totally agree with the last part of your post about getting in with a helpful guild. It doesnt have to be a huge guild, veterans are everywhere and usually willing to help.

99% of new players could apply this towards any list from a veteran player. Well said Dude. hehe
  8. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Dude has indeed made very good points.
    Mizgamer62 and Rhodris like this.
  9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Dude has many good points... but he wears a hat so no one notices... :D

Just kidding! I like Dude least of all... he bribed me and im like an honest politician, once bribed I stay bribed!
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Too bad I did not know you back then Meneltel. I played UO from Beta until 2009, so roughly 13 years, played EQ2 from 2004 as well and a few others. But you did not have to whack a training dummy for an hour before fighting anything, someone was yanking his chain. UO came with a tremendously huge manual that had everything in it that one could even think might happen, most gave up reading it after the quick start guide which was about 20 pages. I still have all of that and all the cloth maps we got. He could have whacked a small tree and harvested lumber and his gathering and his weapon skill would have increased at the same time and he could have done that in town so he would not be PK'd.

Ahhhh, the good old days. *grins*
    Blazen likes this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No, no, NO!!! A BROOM MOUNT!!! Even if its a Vroom Broom!!!!
    Rhodris likes this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Hannibal Lecter had friends for dinner.... just saying.
    Rhodris likes this.