New Player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by maskus, Mar 29, 2023.

1. maskus New Member

Hail! I am a newer player and was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions on where I should start? What should I be focusing on as a new player? Thanks!
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  2. Twyla Well-Known Member

Learn your class. Take your time and learn what abilities you have and how to use them. Spend as much time as you need/want to in the beginning zone, this will help you learn your class. Then take your time going into the next zones. Find a guild on your server, there are several out there that are willing to help a new/returning player (for example my guild The Shiney Castigators on Skyfire). Talk to people you might make some really good friends here. Don't be afraid to ask for help. There are many of us willing to help. Finally, the wiki is your friend, almost everything is there somewhere.
    Sturmlocke and Dude like this.
  3. dorotea Well-Known Member

Belated suggestion - I've been away for a few years. This is my number one suggestion in any MMO that works the way EQ2 does.

Unless you have a compelling reason do not speed level and do not try to skip content to get to maximum level fast. You are wasting some of the best content in the game and the "endgame" tends to be a lot more repetitive than earlier content. Enjoy the game and if it takes two years to get to maximum level think that you are getting a lot of value from the game not that you are failing to achieve an objective.
  4. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Fully agree with the others here. In addition to what was said, exploration is also a key factor to consider imo:

Greater Faydark Exploration

These games were never about getting to the max as fast as possible, that trend started with the more mainstream games of the same era, but back in the old days you would actually take your time to read the lore, take in the beautiful colors, nature, wildlife and more. I still do this, even to this day. I'm hoping to see these areas shine bright again with a revamped graphical upgrade or overhaul of any size, all things are pointing into this direction imo, but the way things are now EQ2 is still able to capture your imagination one way or the other. The music in some areas are out of this world and very well done, see video above. All in all, they sure don't make them like this anymore, that's for sure.

Have fun!
    Aggy and Twyla like this.
  5. Picard New Member

There's no better place to experience lvl 10 to 90 early game content than Kael server.
    Aggy and Sturmlocke like this.
  6. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Ive been playing since 2017, have 15 characters, and the only one who is at the cap is the one who started there, my freemake L100 Heroic Barb/Zerker from 2018 promo event. Slow is my speed and I dont apologize for it ;)
    Sturmlocke and Twyla like this.