New player?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Satharan, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Satharan New Member

I'm downloading EQ2 now. Is the TLE server worth joining at this point, or should I try a live server? I'm willing to subscribe to the game for TLE if it's worth it. Thanks in advance.
  2. Nazy Well-Known Member

Live is awesome, in my opinion. Can't say much for TLE, but there's no point for TLE if live will offer what you want.
    If you'd like to take each expansion slowly, TLE is the answer.
    If you want to just push through and level, live is better.

Welcome to Norrath!
  3. Elskidorr Active Member

TLE tries to offers game play when EQ2 was in its prime (sorta kinda), though eventually will be replaced with another TLE. Can't say much about live except I see many people complain about it being P2W. I may try it again one day but it seems like a bloated catastrophe that lost its way. To each their own but it hardly feels like the EQ2 I used to play. If you're all access try them both.
  4. Ghorast Active Member

TLE has it's massive flaws but at least it's not microtransactions ridden bloated corpse of a game like live is
    Schmetterling and Bekkr like this.
  5. Satharan New Member

Thanks everyone for the responses. If I go live, which server, or does it matter?
    I’m tempted to play the TLE server but worried I wouldn’t find any guilds or groups.
  6. doodel New Member

You'll find guilds and groups on TLE, even at low levels.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Maj'Dul is the most heavily populated Live server. But honestly, on TLE, it seems easy enough to find groups and guilds. Your best bet is to find an active guild that has several people playing during whatever your main play times will be.
  8. Nazy Well-Known Member

Maj'Dul and AB seem to be the most popular live servers. I tried a character on AB once and my computer couldn't handle it very well, but I have a bad computer /shrug.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sorry Nazy but ABs population has dwindled when the free server transfers where handed out :(
    Breanna likes this.