new player with a question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Uktar, Aug 23, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Uktar Guest

hi all. quick question. when you create a item are the stats random? just trying to make some gear for my templar but only getting strength gear rather than int.
  2. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

I think some lower tiers don't have wisdom plate gear. You would be ok with using the chain wisdom mastercrafted, or you can just use quest rewards until the next tier when you probably will have recipes for plate healer gear.
  3. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

The stats are fixed, to get different stats you need to make a different item (if you have a recipie for something better that is)
    If you rightclick on the item in the recipie list and chose "Examine" and then hover the mouse over the item in the examine window you can see what the stats are. (or rightclick and examine to keep the window open for comparisons) Even if Templar is listed under "product classes" for the recipie there could be something similar that works better.
    Once you find the best version of one armor piece the other armor pieces will most likely have similar names, saving a lot of rightclicking and comparing. (Evem more if you look up the best pieces on someplace like eq2.wikia or ZAM)
  4. ARCHIVED-BeeJay Guest

Just checked this out on my armorer, +WIS plate armor has plate in the title - eg Carbonite Plate Sabatons. Recipies start at level 20 and go all the way to 90. The devout plate armor - which sounds as if it should be for templars doesn't have +WIS, as you probablly already discovered.
    Like earlier poster said, the sub level 20 "reverent" chainmail, which has the +WIS stats will do just fine, you're only loosing a tiny amount of mitigation and the power/damage/heal boost from +WIS will more than make up for this.
  5. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Wytcher@Crushbone wrote:
    Just wanted to chime in here and point out that priests do not get a boost to their healing from wisdom. The only things that boost heals are potency & ability modifier (and of course spell specific foci & modifiers one might see).
  6. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    Crit bonus helps too.