New player where to start

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Excelle, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Excelle New Member

I decided to give eq2 a go after many years of playing eq last weekend and fell in love. That said I started a conjuror and used the lvl100 boost I had after playing for a few hours and learning the basics but i am unsure of where to go from here.

Everything I read on forums says to go do the summer days quest which from what I can tell is no longer active which means I have a huge grind to start to even get to the current content. Can someone point me in the right direction to start questing/grinding away? I started doing my epic 1.0 already and should finish that tonight but I want to make sure there's not some hugely important quest I am skipping that I should be doing right now.
  2. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Shmogre likes this.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Join a guild and look for help, if no one helps go to another guild.

Sundered Frontier, do the Yun-zi quests by portal, buy his gear.

Start KA sig line, prepare for 3 months of mindless solo grind with lots of downtime where you basically can't do anything worthwhile.

mentor maybe and explore old zones.

Don't forget you have to craft to level 100 for epic 2.0, without it you won't be doing anything in a group.

I won't do Proving Grounds (because), but if you ever want to group you probably will have to.

With Yun-Zi gear Resolve/Potency is what you are chasing.