New player try to understand

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gnaru, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Gnaru New Member

Hello guys as the titlei'm new of this game and im trying to understand wich server is the most populated right now, will i be able to find ppls to make dungeons while levelling etc etc?
    I know that there's a progressive realm, what's the difference between live? I come from wow and i know that classic is really differnt from live atm, is this difference it's the same atm between two realms?

Thank you!
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Kaladim is the current Time Locked Expansion server, and even though the level cap is currently around 70 (I think), there will still be some people playing at lower levels. You must be a paid member to play there. I wouldn't say that the experience is really different from the Live servers, but over the years there's been a lot of adjusting to loot tables and loot stats, so the low level content is way easier on the TLE servers than it was originally in ye olde dayes.

The most populated Live server is probably Maj'Dul. If you want roleplay, then you need Antonia Bayle. If you ask around, there are progression guilds on probably every server, where the guild as a whole forms and everyone level locks, and the guild as a whole slowly progresses through the content. Or you can look for aguild that has a lot of active players, where they're creating alts and running low level content on alts .

If you have the ability to use mercenaries (which can be purchased ala carte from the Marketplace, and probably by purchasing the current xpak, I'm not sure on that) then you can easily solo through to end game fairly quickly.

EverQuest is appropriately named, there are literally thousands and thousands of quests, and some people take their time and explore lots of quests, others race to end game. It depends on your playstyle.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.