New Player to EQ2 & Roleplayer

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Remille, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Remille New Member

Hey all,
    I use to play the old Everquest back in like 2000 to like 2002? When they did the first engine update for newer character models, which is about the time I stopped playing. I avoided EQ2 back when it was new and now I'm poking around for the first time to add to my current MMORPGs that I play.

So far, I've been finding it nice to have a blast to the past and slowly prodding around on my Iksar Deathknight. I am on the AB server, as I heard it was the roleplayer server and looking to get involved with the RP community, if one is still out there. While my knowledge is lacking for EQ2, I am willing to learn and play the not so knowledgeable Iksar who is learning their way around in the world.

I do know they are the "evil" race and doubtfully so, but I love Iksar, have since EQ1.

Anyways, I'm welcome to any tips or advance, or if there are any fellow rpers out there, the best means to get in touch with others. Thank you!
    Seefar, Saw-Lau and Dude like this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

There is a guild that is for iksar but accepts other races, but look around. Lots of guilds and most desire roleplayers! Just know that there isn't much open world RP but most is done in guild, the RPLFG channel or in venues. Join the RPLFG to also learn what venue is open each night (just about one every night, but some may not be to your liking). Also, some people tend to only RP with their friends and so you may not get many to RP with you at first. However, good luck and keep trying!
    Seefar, Breanna, Saw-Lau and 2 others like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Very good Meneltel, you were actually nice *giggles*

For the record, both Meneltel and I are on AB and we are friends, although she will probably deny that.
    Breanna, Saw-Lau and Dude like this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I wont deny that... we Teir'dal can have friends... gives our enemies more targets to shoot at!
    Breanna, Saw-Lau and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*laughs*

But if they shot at me, who would you go to a pub with that could entertain you as much as I could when I misbehave pestering Gotrak?
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Oh ill find someone else, im sure. Or just not go, since not many talk to me other than my friends... wait... do I have friend? *check my coinpurse* Oh good, its heavy so I can afford them still.
    Cyrrena likes this.