New Player Studio Items: Romantic Cloaks!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Today in the Marketplace there are two new Player Studio items available for sale! These two romantic cloaks were created by Stormyheavens E’Clipse. The cloaks both radiate passion, perfectly paired with the current Erollisi Day celebrations!

Cloak of Death and Roses
    [IMG]
    Key to my Heart
    [IMG]

Do you want to create something that can be part of Norrath’s holiday seasons? Perhaps you’d like to impact the ever-changing housing décor of your fellow adventurers? Player Studio provides artists exactly that opportunity! Available in EverQuest II, as well as EverQuest and Free Realms, Player Studio gives you the chance to share your artistic talents and leave a permanent mark on the game worlds you love to inhabit. For more information about Player Studio, click here!
    Cyliena likes this.
  2. ShyMidnight Active Member

Very pretty :)
  3. Erszebeth Active Member

those are epic....I must have them...
  4. Mortisha Member

I have a question about player studio. I began my eq2 account 7-8 years ago in the USA, I am an American Citizen with a social security number, but I am living in Australia at the moment because I am married to an Australian man. Can I still participate in player studio?

PS the cloak of death and roses is AMAZING!
  5. Mortisha Member

Oh yeah, and I live in Melbourne Australia which is where Domino I believe is from :) Totally unrelated but cool =D hehehe
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

Buy? Yes.
    Create items? Not yet. SOE is working on the paperwork for each country.
  7. Dexella Associate Producer

Thanks for your interest! Since you have a US Social Security Number, you do qualify to participate as an artist in Player Studio. :) Currently, creation of items is limited to those with a US social security number and the ability to fill out a W-9 form. The W-9 form part of the process comes after a submission has been accepted.

As Feldon mentioned above, anyone is able to buy Player Studio items; they're available in the Marketplace.
  8. Mortisha Member

Thank you Dexella!!! I've been wanting to tinker around with it for ages but I wasn't sure. I just did a happy dance all across the house!!!!
    Dexella likes this.
  9. Xenra New Member

Are there any specific programs SOE wants us to use to make things? I use a 3D program called Blender, but I'm not entirely sure what file-types I can save the 3D images as.. Are there pre-loadable meshes anywhere? Or are we just supposed to do something in paint and hope it pops up 3D proper when it gets to SOEs end? LOL
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Check out all 4 tabs of the Player Studio website, read everything you can, download the example meshes and textures and submissions guidelines, then go to the Player Studio forums and read everything you can. Be a sponge. ;) You're already using Blender so you're off on the right foot.
  11. Xenra New Member

Alright, So any program is alright to use-- That's all I wanted to know. I didn't know if there was a specific one they wanted. :p Thanks for the reply!
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

SOE designers use Maya. But since we don't all have $3k burning a hole in our pocket... ;)
    Xenra likes this.
  13. Xenra New Member

Hahaha. So true.. Blender is an amazing program though, for being Free. Just takes some patience learning the keyboard shortcuts to make your life a little easier.. Been wanting to do some game design stuff for a while, I guess it isn't a bad place to start!
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

I tried to use Blender and I about threw my computer out a window. Clearly designed by some engineer who has never designed a User Interface in their life. ;) Thank Goodness for 3D Studio Max.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Amen, I have and use Blender as an exporter only because I find it adds a method to double check my work to make sure it loads properly into other programs. The UI is beyond horrendous.