New player server question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Zenislav, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Zenislav New Member

Hey all
    As new player to EQ2 I am lost with server selection. On launcher I have EU and US versions but EU one has only one server when US has 8. This gives me impression that I should start on US one. As F2P player what are differences in servers and what one should I choose as I plan to sub to game later if I stick with it.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The key is when do you play? If you play mostly at European times, you want the EU server, Thurgadin.

Otherwise, of the US servers, Maj'Dul probably has the biggest population. You will want to sub just for Fast Travel if for no other single reason.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Zenislav New Member

Thanks on info. What I was curious about is different server types. I found there is regular server with current expansion and progress server that unlocks content as time goes by. If EU has only one server than my choice is only one regular server?
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, you can play on the Time Locked Expansion servers. Kaladim is presently the only TLE server, and it's getting up there age wise. Past experience suggests that another TLE will be introduced sometime in the fairly near future, and that would be the ideal time to join.

You can have up to 7 characters in each region (Test, US, EU). It's probably a few less for free players.