New player seeking advice on how to move forward

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by FreedomJesus, Feb 28, 2022.

1. FreedomJesus New Member

Hey guys, title kind of explains the basics of it. I am more or less a new player and I want to experience the game from classic to live. Or find a recently opened tlp and ride it to live. I have played Everquest since 1999 and I tried this game when it first launched but kept getting deployed and never got a real chance to play it. That said are any servers opening soon or old ones that are still pretty fresh to get caught up and see some content? Is it hard finding groups in EQ2?
    Sturmlocke and Breanna like this.
  2. Leloes Well-Known Member

Welcome! Just pick a server...make a level one character....and start adventuring!
  3. FreedomJesus New Member

what are the names of the TLP servers? which one is the most recent? which server has highest population? Is there an EU server? I play a lot of mornings on eastern time zone so EU oddly lines up with my schedule pretty decent.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Leloes Well-Known Member

I can't answer any of those questions because I don't play on either a TLP or European server. Maybe someone else can help you out.
  5. FreedomJesus New Member

Also is berserker 2h dps in this game like in EQ? or is there a warrior type dps in eq2?
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

There's a fresh TLP coming soon iirc (Varsoon). There's Kael Drakkel which is a totally different ruleset and you start at 90 or something, but all content scales to you. I haven't tried it myself. EU server is Thurgadin. You have to change the version on your patcher to EU to see it.

No and no. I mean, it probably should be, and at lower levels, you can do what you want. At the endgame though, tanks are tanks.
  7. FreedomJesus New Member

So are all fighters tank?
  8. FreedomJesus New Member

always been my complaint with everquest, no warrior class dps. only melee dps is a rogue =(
  9. Evangel Member

Some tanks do more DPS than others, from what i've seen Zerkers/SKs are the plate tanks that can dish out decent damage, while Guardians and Paladins are more defensive plate tanks. With regard to avoidance tanks, i don't see many of those but I believe Monks/Bruisers parse pretty well (at least mid-game).
  10. FreedomJesus New Member

Do you grind mobs like your do in EQ 1? or is xp quest based?
  11. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Quest based for sure.
  12. FreedomJesus New Member

Awesome ty so much for the help guys
  13. Evangel Member

Not everyone likes quests, and you can certainly level up to level 100 without doing any. However the only way to level from 100-125 is by doing quests. At lower levels questing is not required but it does speed up levelling and the Signature questlines will take you through the "story" of a zone/expac.
  14. Ziban New Member

How about you start up a character on a server, and spend a bit of time seeing how busy that server is in your timezone, and try out a couple of different classes and see which one(s) fit your playstyle ?
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  15. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Tarinax TLE pvp server, lots of EU time players here. yes, it's pvp but you'll find a very tight knit community. most use ingame voice and eq2 discord. can logon at 3am usa time and they'll be raids out there 'contesting' avatars. current max lvl is 70/100aa..it's very fast to lvl up. another TLE blue (not pvp) will start around may? I think many here will play both servers, tarinax for pvp and blue server for the vacation :cool: lot of Vets play pvp, come here!
  16. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Kael Drakkel does start out at level 90, including tradeskill after you talk to an npc that you are directed to as soon as you login for the first time.

It has only been up for a week, so it is still too early to say when the best times to play will be. Although I haven't spent a lot of time on it, I did venture into Faydark where I found the fights were equally tough compared to in the Great Divide. I'm still unclear on progression, but it isn't experience point based. You do earn tokens to use for upgrading your gear. Ultimately, it seems to be more intended for story-centric players, and you can pretty much begin where ever you want as long as the quests are unlocked to your character.
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  17. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

As a new player, I preferred to move forward by using the "W" key on my keyboard, but after becoming a pro-gamer, I now press both the left and right mouse button at the same time to move forward. Sometimes I go crazy and push the middle mousebutton of the mousewheel to keep moving forward non-stop.
    Carynn, Kenajisan and Hartsmith like this.
  18. Kenajisan New Member

Ah hah. You made a funny on da Internet forumz webz site