New player questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Kirgi, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Kirgi New Member

Hi.
    I have some questions about the game. I am just a first time player that want to give a shot to the game.

+ What is better, TPL server or standard server for a new starter?
    + Is all the zones empty until the end game content? Or the population is healthy enough to find player players around.
    + Is there a zone where most players hang?

Any other home would be great. Also positive answers please

Thanks
    Me
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Hey Kirgi, welcome!

For a new player, I'd suggest one of the standard ruleset servers, such as Antonia Bayle, Maj Dul, etc. There are players at various levels of the game. As with any MMO, some zones may be more popular than others.

The TLE servers are a draw for some, since they have a rate of progression, but if you are totally new to Norrath, I really think one of the standard servers might work well for ya.

Kitty
    Cyrrena, Kirgi and Saw-Lau like this.
  3. Kirgi New Member

Thanks !!!! I have go into Antonius Bayle, although being in EU, I hope to find people :)
    Saw-Lau and Kittybock like this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Depending on your main playing time. Many of us are American so we play in our evening time, which is about 5 to 8 hours before Europe's evening but look around. You can always try another server if you aren't happy on AB.
    Cyrrena, Saw-Lau and Kirgi like this.
  5. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Kirgi, I've played EU time for years :) I am generally on during the day NA times, rarely in evenings. If you have questions once you get to AB, add me. I am usually on Kittaene.

Welcome to Norrath.
    Cyrrena, Saw-Lau and Kirgi like this.
  6. Kirgi New Member

I am Gahest, already added you !
    Cyrrena, Kittybock and Saw-Lau like this.
  7. Araxes Active Member

If you prefer slower leveling and fewer mechanics to immediately worry about, choose Progression. However, that does require a subscription, and at this stage the current Progression server will be dwindling in active playerbase; it may be best to wait until the new one opens sometime around March. Traditional servers offer faster leveling and full game mechanics, so these can be useful for trying out classes until you find one that sticks. They are also open to anyone.

Generally zones are very quiet. Unless you are at the end-game when a new expansion launches. You will see players around, but not many during off hours. Prime time weekday evenings and Sunday afternoons seem to be busiest, IME.

If you play on Progression you will see many more players congregating in cities -- primarily Qeynos Harbor and East Freeport -- because there have not been guild halls opened on Progression servers, thus far. On Traditional servers you will not see congregations anywhere unless there is a special event going on.
    Kirgi and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am on AB as well. I do not have set playing times, its all hours of the day or night. I am Cyrrena there as well. If you need help, give me a shout.
    Kirgi, Breanna and Kittybock like this.
  9. Kirgi New Member

Thanks a lot !!!! added v to my friend list :D
    Cyrrena likes this.