New player, Paladin

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Sanctoss, May 2, 2019.

1. Sanctoss New Member

Starting to play tonight with a few buddies for the first time! Im rolling a paladin, and will be the tank of the group. Any general advice for someone whos never played an EQ game before? Ive played a little WoW, a whole LOT of DAoC, and a decent bit of GW 1 and 2. We will be playing on the Kaladim Server

If you have youtube videos or something similar I can watch those would be appreciated as well!
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

take control of the various chat windows, and TURN OFF most of the superfluous trash data (your misses, beasty misses, pets misses, average humidity, phase of Luclin, consistency of squirrel droppings, etc) as these are unneeded, well, at any time.
    (no clue why the default UI has ALLLLLLLLL of this and more dumped into one chat window...)

make a few new chat windows just for Group chat, Tells, Your Damage, etc.
    (Right-click Chat Options) for each window will allow you to set that particular window's function.

if you have REFORGING on your account, assure your armor/weapons are suited for a tank i.e. at least 100.0% Hate Mod.
    as it is your job to keep the beasties' attention OFF of your group members,... nothing more.
    (it is relatively inexpensive and is account-wide if purchased via the Market Place)

and do yourself a HUGE favor:
    use the command /leave all

as /General is basically a gutter that collects,... well, basically trash, you will not miss it.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. Crothe New Member

Welcome!
    As a pally you want to get as much Mitigation as possible, get the best shield you can and then work on avoidance.
    I am also a Pally on the Kaladim server as Crothe. If you need anything or have any questions dont hesitate to ask.
    Soara2 and Feara like this.