New Player-ish... looking to get started

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Saints, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Saints Member

Hello again friends!

Having an absolute blast on TLE - really, I cannot thank you enough for all your help here! (Also playing on Live, so I'm double dipping the EQ experience)

I play games very completionist-like. Collect all the things, achieve all the achieves, quest all the quest, etc etc. That said, I pour my heart into my character. I like it to be forever. I'm not an altoholic, but rather love knowing that I've 'done it all' right with one avatar. My personal character to keep through the ages.

My question is rather simple - What happens to this server, or more importantly - our characters, as time goes on?
    -I see that Stormhold server might not be what it once was, and that's what brings up this question. If its a character that I know going in time will forget, then I'm okay playing doing the important stuff.

Thanks again!
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

If they close the server you are on, you will be given the option to move it to the new server, and to change the name if that name is already in use. You wont lose the character and the time put into it. Just perhaps the exact name spelling, if you are unlucky.