(New Player) Enhancement-like class?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by HalTheAries, Sep 21, 2018.

1. HalTheAries New Member

Trying to get into this game and finding out a class to play and read the descriptions of the classes, but wondering if there is a class like enhancement shaman (WoW) or a Spellblade/Mystic knight(Final Fantasy) any help would be appreciated.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Gameshark Member

no
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have never played either game, but I'll take a stab.

Based on what WoWHead has to say, the Enhancement Shaman are a type of melee DPS that uses elemental energies and maybe can offtank. In the Final Fantasy wiki, the Mystic Knight is described as a front-line warrior who uses elemental energies.

EQ2 melee DPS are mostly Scouts. If you want to offtank, you want a Rogue, (Swashbuckler/good or Brigand/evil) because they have tools to grab and hold hate, or else you want a type of high-DPS tank called Brawlers. (Monk/good or Bruiser/evil).

All scout types, including Rogues, can track enemies, have some speed enhancements, use positional and/or stealth attacks, and they can use a range of poisons to enhance their damage. None of them have anything remotely connected to elemental energies... until endgame, where if you wish you can take up the Ascension class of Elementalist.

Brawlers are your classical martial artists. They are designed as tanks, so you would be expected to tank for groups, but they also can do pretty decent DPS. I think you might like a Monk, because they have heat and cold attacks.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  4. Steelviper Active Member

From the sound of it, I think what you mean are classes which provide utility in groups for other people. Those would be currently probably most the Healer classes, like Warden / Fury (Druids) or Defiler / Mystic (Shamans). Other two kinds of such classes would be Bard / Dirge (Scout utility buffers). Can't say much about Templars / Inquisitors, since I never played those two classes.
  5. HalTheAries New Member

thank you for the help i think i meant as a class that buffs their weapons for extra damage or for situational purposes the closest the in game descriptions say is assassin maybe with the poisons so i may try that thank you for taking the time to help
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

you won't find such a class because they don't exist.

a class that buffs its auto attacks ? well .. theclosest would be a epic 2 bruiser ... with void strike but it wouldn't be the same.

I would suggest you not to try to compare the class styles in wow and here coz it's totally different.

if you want a melee enhancer, then dirge ? but it's a bard, not a true dps and or monk/bruiser (mre you'll then be a tank)

as for the melee dps, you have swash, brigand or assassin ... none really has that feeling of weapon enhancement.