New Player Curious about changes to F2P

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by ChaosCrazed, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ChaosCrazed New Member

Hello!

Based on reading several other threads on these forums, I've inferred that the Free-to-Play matrix on this site is a bit out of date. Can someone either list out the changes that were made (apparently a change to currency of some description is one?) to the limits or link me to where these are detailed (in case of my derp being the issue)?

Looking forward to seeing how well F2P is done here after being disappointed with the limits of a certain recently converted AAA title.

Thanks for your time!
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

All f2p levels have no coin limit, otherwise it's the same as the matrix says.

Basically for $5 for silver you can't do the following.

Move the xp bar (locked at 50% to AA)
    Sell on broker
    Wear Legendary, fabled, mythical or ethereal equipment
    Have master level spells
    Restricted to one class or each archtype (4) and 4 neutral races
    Restricted to 4/6 bag slots in inventory
    Restricted to 2/12 bag slots in bank
    Restricted to 1/6 bag slots in shared bank

All of these bar the xp bar can be unlocked for a fee. Some are permanent, some are on a per item basis.

NB. The bag quantities may be wrong, I'm going off memory.
    ChaosCrazed likes this.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Tbh though by comparison F2P EQ2 gives you access to an awful lot of content especially if you play on-and-off. It is probably the best "trial version" you could ask for in a game.
    ChaosCrazed likes this.
  4. ChaosCrazed New Member

Huh, that sounds pretty good! Thanks for the info, definitely checking it out!