New Moonlight Enchantment Content - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Audleigh, May 15, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...you know, after all the many, many things the devs and artists have made that look solid but aren't (the funky new rock in the Moonlight Grottoes [which I like! many devious possibilities], many of the rugs and carpets, etc.), you'd think they could come up with some sort of "border" that wouldn't necessarily interfere, visually or physically, but would give us a better "handle" on the water tiles... :-/

I will say that once you've placed them somewhere, they're visible again and stay that way, or at least they have for me.

Uwk
  2. Dragan Active Member

Any chance for watery tiles with no collision that is what keeps me from getting them The can not be used for building water effects that are interactive(IE you can no enter the water)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The only one I've seen that does that well is the Tapestry of the Steam Lord, but a) that has a very noticeable border, handle, etc. at the top and is really only useful if you can bury that part of it somehow, and b) is Mastercrafted at a high level (70s? 80s?), which means it cost 5 arms and 3 legs each, unless you have rich sympathetic-for-sob-stories level 95 guild crafters (though I myself have always relied on the kindness of strangers as well; many thanks to those who have gifted me and mine! Thy spirits are generous! :)).

But yeah, you're right; either way, either the solid tiles (including the Watery Platform "pool") or the go-right-through-it Tapestry does not give you the actual water physics, where you kind of float and can drown if you're not careful (or an Iksar or Froglok or Erudite [ask me about my potential contribution to that!]) or have a spell or item up. Dang it, I want to be able to increase my Swim skill in my own house without having to do a 6-room breakout (and not all of the zones actually have working water; Mistmoore Crags Estate and Gorowyn, I'm looking at you)! I want to have my walk-in "swim with my sharks!" experience to be realistic! If I drown in my own house, that's my own look-out, isn't it? :-/

Uwk
    who wants not only Tiles like this (wouldn't have much effect, unless you stack them?), but all the rest of the Building Blocks as well; if you crank up the Narrow or Tall Dividers to their max size, they're big and thick enough to walk along the top...
  4. Dragan Active Member

There are also the boiling Maj"Dul looking wall basins when you enlarge them they can be stood in with ethereal water, but it is a Pain to hide the day-glow orange sides.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which ones are those? Are they considered fountains or mirrors (if we know the category, we can look them up on EQ2 Furniture)...you mean the Mystic Mirrors? I saw someone use one as a "secret passage/wall," since apparently you can walk through them if big enough, and used the back as a "wall" in another room (very clever!).

Uwk
  6. Dragan Active Member

Wall mounted fountains that have bubbling effects
  7. Lera Well-Known Member

I asked the devs about water at Fan Faire, and was told that the water effects have to be part of the zone. So it doesn't look like we can have swimmable water objects. :(
  8. Lera Well-Known Member

If it has water in it, they're Pools. I suspect he's referring to the moonstone pools.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Waahhh! :(

Wonder why that is, though...must have something to do with the physics. Sigh. :-/

Hopefully, this will be fixed in Landmark? ;->

Uwk
  10. Dragan Active Member

I could care less about the swimming effects...for now.

I mean Bubbling(or Visible current) water tiles or blocks that have NO collision would work just fine for what I have in mind.