New Marketplace Items: Nightmare Flight Wings, Pegasus Feather Flight Wings and more!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Piestro, Jan 10, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

i just simple refused to buy building blocks because it is overpriced, and again for those wings i like, but it almost 40 dollar for each character?
    STO got better market, i buy 1 item and it unlock for all alts, but SOE? one per character is expensive.
    SOE still haven't learn, other players are playing other games because of better deals with F2P with multiple alts getting access.
    prices are still too high, so i guess i have to wait 6 months or more for special bargain sales.
  2. ARCHIVED-TheGeneral Guest

Ok, my mistake then and i apologize for that. I must have missed that part being so focused on the wings.
    *let's keep the posts constructive please*
  3. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

DominoDev wrote:
  4. ARCHIVED-Nightghaunt Guest

Arbreth wrote:
    Thank you domino for chiming in. It is most appreciated. But why are only MOST of the carpenter essential recipes being matched and not all? They are after all carpenter ESSENTIALS.

I think what has everyone so angry is if indeed it takes a bit if time to get these out why are you releasing the things that you know will pi$$ everyone off instead of the things that will be met what a tremendous amount of joy and good will? I.E. why are the first things you release the SC stuff and not the essential stuff? You know we have been waiting for this for many years and you knew this would be looked at as a big slap in the face by us. Instead of coming out and saying "here you go guys the things you have been waiting for all these years!" you come out as say "we know you been wanting these for years and in thanks for your patience and loyalty we are only going to charge you out the a$$ for them!".

You've taken something that would have been a great release and made it a huge insult to your decorators. Severely damaging SOE's credibility and perceived motives in the process.
  5. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Why not all?
    She *did* mention how much time it'd take right... Or do you guys want to wait even longer?
    Because thsi forum is already emo enough about it and I sure don't want to wait longer hearing about it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Elomort Guest

TheGeneral wrote:
    Ummm, I gather you are not a crafter/decorator?
    Last patch we saw the release of a new item that crafters/decorators have been asking for for years, but rather than give these items to crafters/decorators they put them up on the SC store without a single word about giving them to a large group of people in the game to make.
    The community made it quite clear to SOE that this was not acceptable. Domino eventually made a single post to say that the items for crafters were coming but sparse on details.
    With this wings pushout though was ANOTHER set of these vital items for the decorating community. And not in special texture either, these are in the same colours that are in the city festivals, red marble from Gorowyn and Ice from New Halas, things that should not be sold for cash but should be available in game like the columns, tiles, furniture is.
    Worst part of it though was that SOE tried to sneak it in under the radar. They "neglected" to actually list they were adding it into the store instead trumpeting all the other items.
    To add a final insult a few weeks ago Omaugi asked the community what furniture we wanted.... stairs was was of the things we cried out for, the ability to make stairs so that bookshelves could be stopped.
    These new secret city festival packs for sale (not craftable) contain... stairs.
    The decorating and crafting community has been shunned here by SOE's apparent bad planning, but worse, that they put this city festival coloured group of items - including stairs - up without saying a single thing about it publicly.
    That alone says what they think of this dedicated sub-community.
    Will they take the items off the store? I doubt it. Will they release the blocks we can make sooner? I don't think they care enough to push these through. Will they keep adding more of these block sets to the stores in city colours? I think so, and each one the protest is going to get louder and the boycott larger.
  7. ARCHIVED-Thuriel Guest

Dare I dream of a Tinkered Jet Scrander? :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Zepor Guest

The amount of dev attention that minor appearance bugs in $C items get compared to how little dev attention massive glaring game-breaking bugs get makes me ill.
  9. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Personally I could care less about wings. I prefer the horses - but more to the point - they limit where you can fly in so many places that flying is getting pretty useless. Also if you fly yourself you go slower than the griffin - I think the least they could do is increase the flying speed -- right now it is pathetic.
  10. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

I want a gnomish jetpack. :D
  11. ARCHIVED-Tharx Guest

Ah this is finally the day they went too far in their greed. I understand that companies want to make money, but still adding such stupid thing as (expensive) wings for all characters... Bah. I guess that's it for me then.
    The game was nice when it felt like it had a consistent direction where it was heading, but now they just seem to add random stuff that doesn't fit in the game lore-wise or at all (in my opinion) and are just intended to make some quick cash. Nowadays all new (good looking or nice otherwise) things are only available in sc store. Hmmh. Well, I guess that's consistent direction too.
    But I just can't figure out what's the idea behind this? So are we angels or something now? Duh.
    So, I cancelled my subscription. (As if it interestes anyone)
    Still looking forward to Eq next, (at least if it has wingless ratonga in it) But seeing where Eq2 is headed I'm not very positive about it anymore. And the new engine hasn't really impressed me at all. I hope the stuff I've seen is not the best it can do. Few fancy lighting effects doesn't make the engine awesome. Pretty much every decent game engine has those now. But I better stop before going completely off topic.
  12. ARCHIVED-Chakos Guest

Tharx wrote:
  13. ARCHIVED-Tharx Guest

Well, you like a game which has bunch of weird stuff not fitting together, I don't. Anyone can tape fake wings to their back but flying with them is just stupid. Station store and the whole game feels like a visit to toys r us. Anyway, can't wait to see them all new magical steam powered (flying) sport cars coming soon to your new garage only for 5000sc. And the gnomish jetpack & superman cape someone suggested.
    Oh and great way to solve any problems with lore. It's just magic. Maybe those brawlers wearing heavy armor have magical armors, you know, they bend like leather. What's your problem with that?
    Whatever.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Maroger wrote:
    I agree, to keep in line with their current standard the flying speed of these wings needs to be faster than the flying mounts that you can actually earn in game. Just as the SC ground mounts that are faster than anything that can be earned the SC flying mounts should be the same regardless of whether they are wings or not.
  15. ARCHIVED-Omougi Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    Craftable building blocks are in the works. The immediate works. Assuming nothing blows up, they should be in for GU63. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Xuphor Guest

Is anyone else having camera issues with the Flight wings? When flying, the camera is WAAAY below whereit should be, it cuts off part of the top of my character.

Am I the only one? It's pretty annoying, but not a huge problem, I still love that my Ratonga can fly now :)