New Marketplace Items: Nightborne Robe Crates and Goblin Top Hats

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

In addition to the items made by Norrath's amazing and friendly crafters (available through trades and the in-game broker), you can purchase an assortment of services, items and features with Station Cash from the EQII in-game Marketplace, to enhance your gameplay experience. Appearance armor, mounts, prestige homes, and server transfer tokens are just some of the items available. New items are added to the Marketplace weekly!
    Nightborne Robe Crates
    [IMG]
    Show yourself to be a true creature of the night with this midnight blue ensemble complete with skull and spike embellishments. There are two versions of the appearance crate. Each includes the robe, gloves, and boots of the Nightborne. The Spellslinger Crate includes a hood, and the Battlemage Crate includes a cowl.
    Goblin Top Hats
    [IMG]
    Get ready to put on the Ritz with a new goblin top hat! You’ve already got the tails (at least, you do if you’re a Ratonga, Iksar, Kerra, or Sarnak…)! These strapping additions to any formal Norrathian outfit are available in blue, purple, brown, and leather.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Well finally found a hat that doesn't look good on my ratongas hehe I suppose if i were into the gangsta rap look maybe, but then I would want a black top hat hehe. Umm and I still don't see how those pantsuits you keep making are called robes:)
    Anyway I did find a toon to wear it
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    I've got to agree about the "robes". That really has got to be my least favorite mesh. I call it the Unilazy.. look like jammies.
    On thr upside.. since there are top hats in the game now.. maybe we'll see craftable or questable ones for Frostfell. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Smokejumper said they were working on getting crafted items off the SC store and put in game as recipes. Is that not happening, or are they just pumping out as many SC items as they can in the interim?
  5. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

I really wanted to like the top hats, but they make my girls half-bald. Sorry.

Good example of covering baldness:
    [IMG]

Weak attempt at covering baldness:
    [IMG]

It's better than some that don't even have that wrap, but not quite enough for me. Good job on the hats though, they are nice.
  6. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

I agree Cyliena.
    So far the only hats any of my non-beastrace girls will wear is the nice feathered one and the old Frostfell hats that come down & cover the ears. I'd probably also wear the captain's hat from the Freeport quests if I had one.
    All the rest make them bald and well, just look BAD on female characters in my opinion. I've really wanted to like the Freethinker hat since it was put out, but I just can't stomach it on any females other than a ratonga or Kerran.
    The hats themselves look really good. The fit...not so much.
  7. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    Hehe! Cute Cloud. Now we need some Victorian dresses & hats with a veil attached ;).
  8. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

I do love the look of the top hats, I really do.
    But the scarf thing? Maybe I'm just spoiled in TSW where you actually still have your hair under the hat, but it just looks ridiculous on humans or any race that has hair.
    Oh well ...
  9. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

I believe that they've explained before why hair doesn't show up with hats. They'd have to go back and completely redo all of the helmets and hats in-game to allow for hair customization so that the hair doesn't clip with anything. Even if they found enough time for all of that with EQ2's small (as compared to some other games) dev team, it'd probably take months to do, months that they could spend putting in actual content in the game instead of working on a simple aesthetic feature.

It isn't a simple "flick a switch" deal, man.

EDIT: Wanted to add on the bit about robes: If you wear a regular model robe, such as a Tranquil Broadcloth robe, and turn off cloth simulation, it looks rather more like an actual robe. Still, I believe the Nightborn robe crates look enough like robes to me. It's simply a long, flowing garment.