New Marketplace Items: Drakota Mounts and Windows!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Aug 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

In addition to the items made by Norrath's amazing and friendly crafters (available through trades and the in-game broker), you can purchase an assortment of services, items and features with Station Cash from the EQII in-game Marketplace, to enhance your gameplay experience. Appearance armor, mounts, prestige homes, and server transfer tokens are just some of the items available. New items are added to the Marketplace weekly!
    Stormscale Drakota and Shadowscale Drakota Mounts
    Watch the video here!
    These two mighty Drakota are available for the first time in the Marketplace for seasoned adventurers and tradeskillers level 85 and above. The Drakotas move with incredible power and speed, both on the ground (increasing speed by 75%) and in the skies (increasing speed by 150%). Equal in strength and ability, you can select your Drakota based on which appearance you find more appealing – the light, shimmery glow of the Stormscale or the dark, mysterious visage of the Shadowscale.
    Single Pane Wood Window
    Double Arched Wood Window
    Regal Stained Wood Window
    Palatial Stained Glass Window
    [IMG]
    Do you love the look and feel of the City of Qeynos? Do you want to recreate the architectural structure of this fine city in your homes? Four styles of windows – the single pane wood, double arched wood, regal stained wood, and palatial stained glass – are available now. These styles range from simple and modest, perfect for any humble dwelling, to opulent and decorative, worthy of approval from Queen Antonia herself.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Very pretty windows!! Umm or should we say paintings? How do we poke a hole in the walls we are building with to fit the window frames in?
    You almost sucked me into buying more SC hehe but I am still holding out for crafting potions:)
  3. ARCHIVED-Barq Bandit Guest

Interesting! I wonder if they change color with the day/night cycle of the housing zones...
  4. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

Carpenters have been asking for cratftable windows for a long time... so you put them on the marketplace. typical. They would make a nice addition to the Qeynos city fest!
  5. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

Dexella wrote:
    It is cool you guys are finally advertising in video but I thought you guys said you had modern systems? how come the video is only in 720p
  6. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

I think it's tacky that you are offering a Drakota mount (Shadowscale) for SC that looks exactly like the one that drops off of Dozekar the Cursed in Betrayal in the Underdepths raid zone. The least you could have done was made the SC one a different color.

Edit to add: And yes, I know the raid dropped one has amazing stats that the SC one does not have. That is NOT the point.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ryuuza Guest

And the "blue" SC drakota is identical to the Skyshrine collection quest reward...
  8. ARCHIVED-Drupal Guest

copy - paste = win !
    oh wait ...
  9. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

Rissu@Crushbone wrote:
    Another very tacky (and lazy) decision.
  10. ARCHIVED-snarlycarly Guest

Thank you for the windows! I bought several last night for my haunted mansion and they look great! Now I have to run out and get more SC for a drakota..lol!
  11. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

snarlycarly wrote:
    Windows should be carpenter made in game.
  12. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    My guess is they expect you to buy 2x as many as you''d want (say you want 5 for a structure made out of dividers or blocks) you'd need ten to have five internal and external windows in the same positions.
    As for the crafting potions give the recipies to alchemists already!!
  13. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

I'm a little ticked at the decision to put drakota mounts on the marketplace. I'm not saying I didn't predict it, but the original was way more worth it and took way more effort, making it "special" to me. It was something of prestige to ride around with your drakota, to have people ooh and ahh and ask how you did it, and to proudly say you worked hard and downed a number of difficult bosses to obtain him (or complete a very large, probably very expensive collection). It was a token to me of "besting" Skyshrine, at least for the moment, and having something to show for it. Now someone can just open their wallet and take that effort away, even if the mount is a different color? *sigh*
    I don't know, I just feel like these recolors of the same mount could've gone towards something else.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

General_Info wrote:
    Craft a potion to speed up crafting ??? Kind of defeats the purpose:p
  15. ARCHIVED-DuneWarrior Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    Actuially makes perfect sense, it makes a PERFECT alchemy recipie, its like ANY other potion except.. its usefull for all including the one who made it.

Tell me again why it defeats the purpose, you want the clerics to buff everyone BUT themself? or the carpenter to NOT sit in their own chairs?
    The logic of the statement escapes me
  16. ARCHIVED-Malleria Guest

Tylia@Butcherblock wrote:
    It's a catch 22 for SOE though. If they release new looks that are *only* available in the marketplace, players complain about the marketplace being too invasive. If they release items identical in appearance to in-game items, making the marketplace an alternative to gameplay instead of replacing it, other players complain about the lack of imagination.
    Either way you slice it someone feels slighted.
    *edit* Not at all saying either view is wrong. TBH when I saw the blue drakota my first reaction was annoyance, cause it cheapens the effort I made to finish all the collections and get that nice blue in the sea of green. But I've been equally annoyed at seeing new shiny appearances in the marketplace knowing I could never get them through in-game avenues.
  17. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Zaktull@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I think what he means is why craft yourself potions that speed up crafting when you are spending more time by crafting them in the first place?
    of course you have to consider wether you are making them for others/broker sales or yourself, next you need to try and figure out the yield of the recipe (i.e how many potions per combine) compared to how long they take to make and how much crafting time they reduce.
    then you need to work out if the time saving outweights the time invested in making the potions (if not making them for yourself is pointless) selling them on the other hand...
  18. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

Malleria wrote:
    It's not a matter of lack of imagination, it's that the drakota mounts in the game are "status" symbols if you will. Owning one meant something, like Lizabethan stated. Now they have been "cheapened" to just another mount that people can buy. There is nothing "special" in this game any longer. Sooner or later it all ends up on the marketplace.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Sorry to tell you folks, but the drakota as status symbols were cheapened as soon as skyshrine launched, when they were given out as rewards to a small group of testers who happened to be lucky enough to be online and able to help a dev for a couple of hours. That's all those people had to do, while tons of players who spent weeks testing the content, filing bug reports, and communicating in-depth with the devs both on the Test/TestCopy servers and in the Testing forum got bubkus.
    That said, of course these were going to come out on the marketplace, and I am probably going to buy one in a few months when they go on sale. Though I might've preferred a red option...
  20. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

those windows are just about time.