New Marketplace Items: Bovochs and Bristlebane!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foretold Well-Known Member

Lempo is apparently the only one around here who understands words and their meanings. The rest of us are barely literate.
    Tylia, Feldon, Lodrelhai and 4 others like this.
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

Its not about the price, its about the deceptive way in which SOE hid the price. If they had said at the beginning that the price would be 5k, THEN your post would apply as it would just be people complaining its too expensive. This is complaining about SOE purposely withholding the inflated price until after the x2 SC weekend, putting people in a position of having to buy full price SC if they wanted it but didn't have enough SC, or go without an item they had explicitly purchased SC for.
    Margaret and Ridolain like this.
  3. Mae- Well-Known Member

She said she FELT like she was being scammed, not that she was being scammed. Quit being such a bulldog about this.
    Margaret likes this.
  4. Lempo Well-Known Member

lol
    Oh yeah, then there is this, I had completely forgotten about that. Good point sir, good point.
  5. Lempo Well-Known Member

Either way she doesn't have a grasp on what the word scam means.

There was absolutely nothing deceptive about this, in no way shape form or fashion.
    Assumptions were made, they were incorrect. Nothing to see here people...
  6. Seffrid Active Member

Well said, you just beat me to it!

I don't think most people are as upset at being over-charged for a beast of a different colour, as they are at the fact that they fell for a "Double SC" promotion expecting the beast to be priced at a certain level based on previous such items. Had they known the price they wouldn't have bought the SC.

As is so often the case with SOE, it's not so much what they do as the way that they do it that causes them to attract such contempt among the very people they should be courting. I bet they still don't understand why more people don't play their games. This incident ought to serve as a hint.
    Margaret likes this.
  7. Lempo Well-Known Member

You quit one MMO because it was (going) pay to win, yet if the meat beast was OP you'd be fine with it.
    LOL I got ya.
  8. Iren Active Member

but you know what the word troll means?
  9. Iren Active Member

i think it was a backhanded way of sayign i am greedy for wantign this mount reduced to the same price as the other mounts
  10. Lempo Well-Known Member

No, I'm all for 'scolding' SOE when it is appropriate, I'm doing the people I replied to a service slanderous and libelous comments like they made could land them in a world of hurt.
    Fact is I think there is a high probability they know the meaning, they are just trying to sensationalize it in an attempt to get more attention to it, the problem with that is over time it desensitises people to the words causing them to turn a blind eye to it.
  11. Iren Active Member

LOL WHUT?
    and i would get hurt how exactly?
  12. Lempo Well-Known Member

Not at all.
    It was a very straightforward statemtent letting you know that you do not know what the word greed means.
  13. Mae- Well-Known Member

Its not slanderous or libelous to say they felt scammed or it is deceptive. Everyone is entitled to their own feelings, you can't run around and tell them that they're wrong.
    Tylia and Margaret like this.
  14. Iren Active Member

sounds like every post i make is gonna get a lempo reply, i feel quite honoured
  15. Lempo Well-Known Member

Usually people tht use words like greed think the whole world revolves around them.
    Let me break this down for you.
    There is no such thing as greed, it is just some word people toss around to try to make someone feel bad about something in hopes of making them cave. You can see SOE is greedy all you want, the worst you'll get out of it is ridiculed.

The people that I was talking about in the post you quoted are the ones saying that SOE scammed them, and deceptively advertised this because regardless of how much you and others want that to be the case.
    IT DID NOT HAPPEN.
  16. Foretold Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as greed? We just flash that word around to make people feel bad...

Yet, its one of the seven deadly sins.

Lempo, sometimes you really do make sense. This is not of those times. Let it go.
  17. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Yes, really. :p If I read correctly from another thread, some people clicked faster than their eyeballs registered. They must not have realized there were three zeros behind that five. As I said, "Shame on them." The price tag is the first thing I noticed upon spotting the pink meatbeast mount (which sounds dirty to even say). I'm still trying not to be too harsh on them.

The only person I truly feel sorry for is my guildmate who gifted one to me in exchange for decorating a house. Had I known he was going to do it, I would have tried to stop him. I fussed at him for buying it, but as he put it, he has the disposable income and making people happy is important to him. His gift has tickled me pink (no pun intended), though I do wish his kindness could be repaid with a partial refund on the cost.
  18. Iren Active Member

no such thing as greed huh hmm thats a new one well thanks for clearing that up for me..

i state and still do that soe have been greedy over this debacle , they know people want this mount as can be seen by the 3 threads on the matter and doubled the price of it as a result. can you offer me any other reason why they DOUBLED the price other than money? please dont come at me with this "they want it to be rare" crap i aint buying it.

Had they wanted it to be rare, they would have made it into a long signature quest like the qeynos claymore, whose quest has been around for years yet, ya see more people riding pink bovochs than have that sword.
    or idk , keep "the crow" as a long gone reward but instead they brought it back at haloween,.. that was a rare item.

As you dont know me whatsoever i cant try to convince you that i do not think the world revolves around me ,my world revolves around my kids but thank you for coming to these boards as the forum police or troll depending on how ya see it[/quote]
    Margaret likes this.
  19. Taemisa Active Member

You're absolutely right, Lempo. There is no such thing as greed. When I call bank robbers greedy, I'm just trying to make them feel bad.

:rolleyes:
    Feldon likes this.
  20. Fractals Member

Actually SOE may be doing you a favor by preventing you from buying that pink monstrosity. Well, nevermind, that menacing way it moos at me while I look at it is pretty funny. What button do I press to not post this?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.