New Marketplace Items: Bovochs and Bristlebane!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I had to log into the game just to see if this was really happening. And here I was thinking they wouldn't do anything more jacked up than the random-prize-for-real-cash baskets.

Guess we know why the bovoch is Bristlebane's favorite creature. Because this idea came right out of one's hind end.
  2. Torryn Woodsrunner Active Member

Since I'm a nice guy, I'm gonna hand SOE the means to fix this on a silver platter.

1. Lower the price to the same price as the other Bovoch mounts.
    2. Rebate all purchasers at the IDIOTIC price enough SC to bring the price down to the other Bovoch mounts.
    3. Make the pink mount available till the end of the Bristlebane Days event (the 11th, I believe?), or at the VERY least for the last day of the event.
    4. Beat whoever thought this was a good idea about the head and shoulders with a large trout (Optional).

There's your fix. Your play, Reindeer Games.
    Ridolain, Spindle, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  3. Senya Well-Known Member

Every single time SOE announces or does something that has me looking forward to something new in one or more of their games, they almost immediately follow it up with something that causes an upset for a good portion of their player base.
    I can't imagine the sales they lost on this thing. I'm sure plenty of people still bought them, but I'm betting for every one they sell at this over-the-top-ridiculous price, 10 people would have bought them if they'd been on par (price-wise) with the other Marketplace mounts. On the plus side, I had a good April Fool's Day laugh after seeing the 5k station cash price tag, and I'm 1950sc richer than I planned on being today.
    Ridolain, Spindle, Feldon and 2 others like this.
  4. Le Clown Active Member

fixed your fixed fix dawg
  5. Wynnter New Member

Ridiculous, SOE, just ridiculous. Even if I had bought station cash this weekend, at double SC, that still makes this mount $25, higher priced than just about anything else on the marketplace, including flying mounts. I could fully master like 3 of my alts' spells for $50. Or, conversely, I could but like 3 other mounts. However, I think I'm just going to not spend any station cash on anything, since you're obviously trying to take advantage players - particularly those with a penchant for pink items, or which there are precious few already.

I could see maybe 2500 SC, since it is a limited time mount, but you've got to be out of your mind if you spent the 5000.
    ShyMidnight likes this.
  6. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I think the thing that is the hardest to take is the same people who spent alot of time and effort getting their pink warder kinda wanted a matching set and got really invested in the whole concept. More so then other things I've seen. That made it alot harder to take then just any old thing.
    If they wished to limit it in some fashion (something I'm not against in theory) and make it more unusual, sure wish it oculd have been other then "those who have, can" rather then "those who wanna work hard, can".
  7. Elostirion Well-Known Member

I agree with all except #2.

This is obviously a blatant money grab by SoE, and a low-class one at that.

However people who paid the price for it clearly thought it was a good deal for them. they deserve no rebate. (unless the rebate is the April Fool's joke, and anyone who laid out the fifty bucks gets it back at midnight PST.)
  8. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

that is Udder Horrible, Udder horror!!!, who want to udder (order) that?
    guys in marketplace will face chopping block, there will be a slaughterhouse in that.
    Time for Players (er, peons) Uprising, there some mad cows running in towns in Asheron's Call attacking us.

we need player folks take over the marketplace, there no room for greedy suits, it seem it running by loanshark mobsters.
  9. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I'm not going to be too harsh on people who bought one, though I do agree they got what they deserved. There were a few who honestly did not pay attention to the price tag until after they bought it. Again, shame on them for not looking, but I'm still feeling bad for 86, my guildmate. He knew how incredibly badly I wanted one of the pink mounts and how upset I was at the price. He surprised me with one as a gift for decorating one of his houses. I'm sincerely hoping that he gets a refund at the end of the day.
    Spindle, Cyliena, Psia_Meese and 3 others like this.
  10. Raelynn Member

I sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Now that they've opened up so much more to FTP they have to make the money up somewhere I suppose. It doesn't bode well.
  11. Elostirion Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about people who made mistakes. This price is unprecedented, so I would think a little CS is in order for people who clicked faster than their eyeballs, even if a little stern chiding is also in order.

And I'm not talking about people 'getting what they deserve', I'm talking about people getting what they want. Fifty dollars isnt much for some people, especially when you consider that its only about 1500PP to some other person. If they want to spend that amount of money, fine. Just dont spend it AND complain, lol.

On the other hand, in some other of the half dozen threads on this subject, some people are talking about going hungry for a bit or borrowing money in order to buy SC to get this thing. Shame on those people. Spend disposable income any way you want, but to spend sustenence money or to go into debt for a vecowceraptor, that's one of the reason our economy is so fragile because people cant hold on to some reserves.
  12. Tylia Well-Known Member

Wow. That's all I could think of to say when I saw the price of the mount. Just.... wow.
    Feldon and ShyMidnight like this.
  13. Psia_Meese New Member

I have my [Fishy Business] hanging on my hip. And I'm prepared to swat the brainchild behind the Beloved Berry-Fed Bovoch pricing scheme of the day. I am terribly disappointed.

It's strange for me to feel so deflated over such a thing.
  14. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I wanna tip my hat to the people who greenlighted the Meatbeast-poloza and the people who spent time making all the creations we saw over the weekend. You can't watch that video and not see the fun they had. I like their enthusaim. Price pointing wasn't any of their doing I'm sure and I'm grateful to them for what they gave me.
    Karrane, Spindle, Tariya and 3 others like this.
  15. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

We borrowed 10 bucks from a friend. As we assumed that this would be 2000 -2500 SC. And I had 600 SC already. And we are NOT going to borrow more just to buy this overpriced mount.
  16. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I hope that people who are talking about going without food to buy one of these mounts are over-exaggerating! I chose not to spend anymore than I already had because... Well, there's a movie I wanted to see with the bottomless pits who claim they're my teens. :p
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I was so looking forward to the new mount as a birthday present.....I was going to buy two of them. This was supposed to be a fun holiday not one filled with so much anger. I will not reward greedy people that totally take advantage of people. I have removed any marketplace item I had equipped and all mounts even if it was won using goblin tickets. Time for me to look for a new game :(
  18. Iren Active Member

dexella , ive read the thread and havent seen anyone ask yet so here goes.

Why are they priced more than any other mount has ever been?

I hope you can find the time to answer please
  19. oldskool Active Member

In the old days when you saw someone on an unique mount you knew they either grinded faction tirelessly or hard core raided until they got the drop.

Now, if you see someone on a unique mount you know they were willing to drop cold hard cash.

That is the game you have now. Like it or not.
  20. Ghost New Member

Surprised ?? These are the same people that took a 50sc forgiveness potion , removed half the functionality , doubled the sc cost and resold it to us as a convenience feature.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.