New Marketplace Items: Bovochs and Bristlebane!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShyMidnight Active Member

Holy Cow Berry-Fed Bovoch!! that's pricey!

Hope that the price is a Bristleday Prank!

Verification from admins would be nice :p since I agree that to spend that much on a mount would make me the laughing stock of my guild. :eek: ;)

SM
  2. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Yeah sadly I had to get one for my BL for exact same reason, its is really cute though.
  3. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I was going to get my main one and then one to turn into a house pet...may still do the house pet, but...I'm tying to talk myself into not :)
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It's not.

And yes, it's WAY overpriced.
  5. Sharann Well-Known Member

I would have bought this mount, I really would have. But tbh I don't want to show others that I've spent 50$ on a virtual mount. It's totally overpriced.
  6. ShyMidnight Active Member

Too rich for me, I have to prioritize. :p I had planned on getting one, but at this price it would wipe out most of my SCs. Even if it's not in my nature, I have to be mature. :D

SM
    Spindle likes this.
  7. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I refuse. I had to pull strings with my budget and dig through the couch cushions just to get the cash I have right now for double SC weekend, which falls short of the 5K price for this thing. (My check didn't deposit into my bank until today, and I wanted the double bonus.) I am NOT buying more SC just to get the mount. I have bills to pay, food to buy, and need to gas up my car. A $50 mount is just not in the budget.

And now, I'm feeling that I wasted the $15 I did spare from the budget for double SC weekend. It shall sit there until a good deal does come up, I guess.
    Ridolain likes this.
  8. Qixil Active Member

Exactly. Even if I had that much SC (which I don't), I wouldn't get it just because of the principle. I mean come on, it's exactly like the other mount, same stats, but pink and for more than twice the cost? Seriously..... LOL
  9. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Wow... I cringe at spending $20 for a mount, but I have done it for a couple that I've really liked. $50? No way.
    Tylia, Alenna and Spindle like this.
  10. Enric_of_Neriak Member

What's with marketing taking every opportunity to give players the middle finger. I mean they are the ones that diluted the value of station cash and rather than own it they're just saying fu to the player base. As popular as the meatbeast is they had a chance to build a lot of good will with players releasing a one day only pink bovod mount and they ruined it by making it twice the cost of every mount released. It isn't even as fancy of some of the past mounts and not the first one to require a unique model. Oh well, I have station cash to spend, just not on the three or four of these I was going to buy.
  11. Margaret New Member

I'm so bummed. I was really excited about it and actually bought some Station Cash over the weekend, thinking it would be around 2k like the others. Got up this morning, excited to get it, only to discover that it's over twice what I thought it would be and I don't have enough. :(

Edit: The more I think about it, the more insulted I am. I feel like I've been scammed. I wouldn't have bought that SC if I had known the mount would be so expensive that I couldn't afford it anyway.
  12. Venomizer Member

If you are buying your SC cards yourself and using them on triple SC days then you get 6k per $15 card.

SOE massively devalued its SC units by offering so many double and triple days. Personally I dont consider my SC to represent 1sc=1 penny. I think of it more like 3 or 4sc=1 penny.

I bought this mount, but it also did cross my mind that many ppl would consider me wasteful to be seen riding this, along with jealous envious and a little angry. Oh well.

this could become the new symbol of the troll. umad? jelly? Would be fitting tho cuz bristlebane is the ultimate troll.

i think sc is a dying currency. if you want your value to keep over time you should put your resources into kronos, thats why im buying kronos from roslan capital.

P.S. a mount this pricey ought to work as appearance for flying mounts, leapers, gliders, swimming, and FTL travel. Seriously. Or make end-game stat mounts convertable into house item and either flyer and simple ground. ppl shouldnt be punished for using stats mounts by being so slow in non-flying mount dungeons.
  13. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

More than twice the cost of every other mount. It's nearly three times the cost! For some mounts, more than four times the cost.

Sparing the $15 I did for double SC weekend didn't hurt me, though I do regret spending the money now. I shall save the SC for the upcoming prestige house, but I know some people who play are really strapped for cash. They went digging for money specifically for this mount thinking it would be $20. Now the joke's on them, and personally, I think SOE should be ashamed of themselves. It was an inconsiderate and irresponsible prank. At least, I hope it's a prank.

EDIT: At this point, I really shouldn't be upset with SOE's marketing because a guildmate bought one for me as payment for decorating his ship. I had no idea that he'd done it or was going to do it, but I'm more upset for other people.

And yes, I fussed at my guildmate for paying for one.
  14. Spindle Well-Known Member

I would love to be a fly on the wall on the Dev/Mkt discussions for items like this. Devs work to please the players and Marketing just wants $$$. Un-freaking-real pricing. Agree with all the angry and disappointed sentiments on the forums.

Like most, I would've paid the normal for a one-day item cuz it's special. Heck, does anyone remember if the pink unicorn was $50? I seem to remember that was a quest. I could be wrong.

A quest would have been the correct way to get Berry-fed.

Oh well. SOE's loss. They've ticked off more people than normal with this Bristlebane Day event.
    Ridolain likes this.
  15. Tesshin Member

I really wanted to have a good laugh by having my Sarnak male BL riding this pink mount while being followed by his meatbeast warder, but apparently, the joke was on me.

I'm going to wait for a sparkly, rainbow-maned alicorn instead. But I'll probably get punk'd and they'll slap a 10k SC pricetag on it.
  16. Margaret New Member

I haven't been playing while they have had triple station cash days. I've only been back a couple months.

The problem that I have is that they announced that this mount was going to be for sale today only, which happens to be the day after double SC ended. I saw that most of the mounts were $20. I thought, "Hey, I can afford that, but I have to get it before the sale ends" and bought the SC. It's not that they put it up for 5k that bugs me, it's that they did it the day after the sale ended. If the sale had ended today, I would have waited, seen it was too much, been a little bummed but $10 richer. But I guess it's my fault for assuming they'd be the same price as every other mount.

I am not mad so much as disappointed, This was a very unprofessional prank.
    Cyliena and Sapphirius like this.
  17. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Wow.. really? Guess I'm not getting one then. I have the SC but there is no way I am spending 5*bleep*K on one darn mount!

I was actually very happy about this holiday! I was saying.. "Wow.. for once, they did something right!" The bovotch warders were cool.. the bouncy race excellant..but yeah. Way to sour the good mood, Sony. I would have bought one at $20. Oh well.. I swear.. doing this is the equivalent to leaving a big, steaming bovotch patty on everyone's front door steps.
    Cyliena and Qixil like this.
  18. Galldora Well-Known Member

Yeah, what a disappointment. I just signed in specifically to buy a couple of the special pink mounts, and then I saw the price; WHAT? Really?

Certainly does feel like we all just got the middle finger. Most if not all of my SC came from the triple-cash sales when I always really stock up, but even with the triple-cash bonus the stupid mount costs approximately what it used to cost for a month of game play.. On the one hand, I do love this mount, but on the other, I can't decide if I want to be seen with it. I can't help but agree with several others who said they will feel embarrassed to be riding around on a mount that sold for 50 bucks, ON SALE!! BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I see that some of the other meatbeasts come packaged with a hat of some sort. This one ought to have been packaged with a dunce cap. I feel I should have one for my character to wear if she is going to be riding this mount. Come on SOE, the price on this item is ridiculous.

P. S. This mount really should have been a quest reward, or available by some means other than SC. The pink unicorn, for instance, required that a player farm a HUGE number of the love notes and candies in order to purchase it from an in-game merchant.
  19. Foretold Well-Known Member

Does it smell like berries???

Sorry. Had to.
    Lempo likes this.
  20. Adevil Well-Known Member

I expect it smells a bit like skunkberries.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.