New Mage changes

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Thand, May 10, 2022.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

From tool tips and Parse Testing it looks like the Mage damage increases did not take effect
    Lysia likes this.
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

it may be the 1st of April for em?
  3. Quintas@Splitpaw New Member

What would a 30% on spells increase do any way??? The scouts have more AOE and shorter recast and cooldown timers. Some scouts classes destroy adds before a mage gets a spell off.
    The 30% increase is bogus fix its wont do anything,
    Tried Den 2 with the new changes, it took 20mins to kill Twoshanks and 30mins to kill grimalda Goodhand and I have 700k potency and 800 Fervor and AOEing like it going out of fashion.
    It will still encourage groups to be scout heavy even with the so called 30% increase
    Lysia likes this.
  4. DENSER Well-Known Member

At least thanks to this post the scouts we will be less aggressive. Thank you for putting out the fire before it spreads. lol
  5. Quintas@Splitpaw New Member

Its time to sort out the real advantage the Scouts have. They have more AOE skills with shorter cast times.
    Lysia likes this.
  6. Lysia Active Member

then ALL of us mages should go over to the whiney scouts on another main thread and tell them ! -----
    they are really crying about their "nerf" ( I've already put my 2 cents in )

Over on General Gameplay --- thread is called

You might as well just remove scout classes from the game
  7. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Just to confirm there was no change post patch to summoner dps is that correct?.
  8. Lysia Active Member

WHY am I not surprised ??
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. DENSER Well-Known Member

I did not have any additional downloads after the shutdown on Tuesday, May 10. So I also wonder for, if what was marked was applied
  10. DENSER Well-Known Member

In any case on my enchanter, I do not see, notice, any differences. Or they are minimal. But the parse doesn't tell me anything about a op change.
    For the necro, i can't tell, as i upgrade the new merc, and had some good stuf via merchants den, I don't realize it.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't see any change on my warlock. And I dunno what the scouts are crying about, our raid's swashbuckler is doing Just Fine.
    Lysia likes this.
  12. DENSER Well-Known Member

confirmation would be welcome
  13. rpreed80 New Member

This is just anecdotal, I have been playing a level 125 illusionist for two months, the past few days my persona/pet Takes and actually holds Agro for the first time since I have played this chanter
    Lysia likes this.
  14. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Mages in Den 2, I have tanked are now doing the DPS I would have expected.
  15. DENSER Well-Known Member

okay guys. it was to have other feedbacks.
    Not having noticed any additional files to download after the down, having also just before upgraded this new mercenary, I didn't wonder if it was simply an announcement effect.
  16. Nutari Member

They do a very good dps in raids too.
    I am a BL and its fine.
    From my point of view its fine if all dps classes would be belanced well so every class has his advantage or disadvantage.
    This fred here remembers me more to a whine thread.

mimimi a scout has more aoes and fast.

I say mimimi a mage doesnt need to run in raids, he can sit on his fat butt and cast from one point if there is no need
    for move from raidscript.

I need to run behind adds or boss or something else and dont have the advantage the make the damage without a break so pls stop whining.
    From my last raidforce this week all 3 dps at top where Wizzard, conjurer and than warlock.
    Could be that they are able to play their chars :p

At time i would say conjurers are stronger within the last patch but hey, thats a game.
    Daybreak cant balance so sometimes this class is strong or that class.
    Ask assasine how they feel because they are really weak and bad balanced and you cry about scouts.
    Play a brigand and tell me how fun this class is or a swashi.
    Yes a swashi can make huge aoe but in solo damage,,,,sleeping so what.

Take it like it is you cant change anything because daybreak will balance like they want.
    Scarramouche likes this.
  17. DENSER Well-Known Member

it's still super tiring to perma click spellst being a mage, Without moving, while watching his evening movie. Don't underestimate our 'work'....lol ;)
  18. Thand Well-Known Member

Since the changes i am doing comparable dps to Scouts with similar Stats. On short fights scouts trend to win out because of higher burst damage. On longer fights my Sustained damage catches up after the first few minutes and we are all pretty close with the main differences seems to be who has more pot or different buffs. It does look like the extra damage is added After out main damage because the increase is not reflected in the tool tips but Defiantly is increased