New look to leather and cloth

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-denmom, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Josgar@Unrest wrote:
    The lighter version is new. It is appearance clothing you can buy from the city tradeskill societies. Qeynos and Kelethin sell the lighter coloured set, and the evil cities sell the darker coloured set. I believe it went in at the same time as the new colours of formal wear, but it wasn't as exciting looking as they are, so didn't get much attention. :D
  2. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    They aren't on the Live merchants, the new Formal is.

Honestly, 3 new appearance items for TS vs ONE for other profs? (Including the quested TS only Formal).

Oh and while I am on the subject, could you maybe convince whatever power to remove the armor stats from City Purchase Armor. Faction purchase Armor is all cloth, City armor should be the same.. wearable by all.

Edit--- Unless this new look is Male only, it isn't on Test either as a purchasable.
  3. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    A statless range of vest and pants would be good. as would shoes.
  4. ARCHIVED-KachikoJael Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I would love to have vests for all of the current cloth armor sets that have been revamped so that we can have matching colors. The work you have done so far is amazing... which is why it is hard for us to not ask you to keep it up! :-D

In addition, if we could get some tinted armor based on the City Faction Tradesman Set, that would be awesome. It would even better if we could get an individual graphic for the top and bottom. Right now, if I wear the tradesman chest piece, the pants show up as well. However, I think those tops might be closer to the "I want to be cute, but not crude" area...

Please visit here for an image of the Trademan Set: http://eq2.eqtraders.com/images/art...FBTradesman.jpg
  5. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
  6. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

Terron@Splitpaw wrote:
    Sadly, this is not a problem for Gnomish, Stout & Dwarven girlies. If we do wear the (HoochieMama) Blue (or any color variation) status dress... you can see we do, in fact, wear underwear... and they are basic white 'granny panties.' /head bonk /repeat. Apparently being short races, we are quite aware that the taller girls have given up their undies so not as to ruin the lines of the dress. Rather then be thought loose and immoral, the shorties have chosen to display VPL (visable panty lines... or just visable panties, so there is no doubt) as a sign of their modesty. /repeat bonking
  7. ARCHIVED-Cica Guest

Thank you Domino for the update !
    :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Lasai@Nektulos wrote:
    You may need to check your tinkered gnomish spectacle prescription, I am standing on a live server looking at it right now in Merchant Fhara Hanford's sales inventory. ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

[IMG][IMG]

This shows all the outfits on the Coalition HQ vendor.

Of course, my char only shows Female versions, which look the same as always... as stated in above post, is it male only?

EDIT.. Logged on to my single Qeynos girl, and lo and behold, there are three sets on good side plus the formal, so 4 choices.

Nothing new in Freeport... unless of course the Freeport Sales npc is buried in an obscure hole in Gorowynn..Which would not surprise me at all.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gilthenin Guest

I know it's a wee off center, and more than likely been talked about to death somewhere I can't find...

... but is there any chance of adding appearance only armour for cloth wearers that looks like other types? (Chain, Plate, etc)

I know in EQ1 there were certain types of armours casters could wear that had the chain/leather/plate appearance.

It's just frustrating as a cloth wearer. Someone who wears plate can mix/match any type of armour to get a good look; plate, cloth, leather, or chain. Every class gets to wear their top armour, plus any lower types.

Cloth wearers are stuck with cloth as the only choice.

Had to say it.
  11. ARCHIVED-CrateredMoon Guest

Gilthenin wrote:
    Isn't that already true of the faction merchant clothing? Stuff like the plate-looking "Qeynos Ceremonial Knight" and "Qeynos Guard Ceremonial" suits, sold by the "Qeynos Guard" (Qeynos Fighter faction) merchant in NQ. I believe the other adventure faction merchants have similar suits for leather and chain, and I assume other cities have equivalents.

While it's a far cry from the full range of plate looks, it is _something_ in that direction, giving you a couple heavier armor looks.
    (I remember the armor in EQ1 that you speak of - I honest can't remember how much variety there was though, so I don't know if clothies have better or worse here)
  12. ARCHIVED-Gilthenin Guest

Mynervia@Guk wrote:
    I'll have to check in game, but I think the various faction stuff like that requires the armour type, like to wear the plate you have to normally be able to wear plate.

I remember in EQ1, my Wizard had a full set of leather looking armour (High Elf) and a full set of chain looking. Now... there was no appearance tab so I took a hit on stats but for RP it was awesome. And for looks, when they added the ability to dye slots, I could mix and match the chain and leather and colour each part. Even though there was only one look for leather, chain, cloth, plate per race I felt I could get a lot more variety out of it.

Before the appearance tab there was always the great debate on how higher level armours would unbalance casters, but now it means little if it's just statless appearance armour.

If, for example, you are a Paladin you can have a bank full of leather, cloth, chain and plate to mix and match for dozens of looks for your character. You're not restricted to anything.

A Wizard can only wear cloth which cuts out the other three types of armour. That's 1/4 of the options.

I can't really see it changing because most fantasy oriented games are hell bent on casters being confined to bulky robes, but one can dream. I'm not saying making 'hundreds' of armour parts for casters... just a few (two or three) sets of leather, chain, and plate made appearance only for traders to craft like the casual wear. Not nothing new either, just pick a few existing sets we have now and tag them appearance only and make traders craft them.

I think it would looks fantastic to see a Warlock clad in black leather, Battlemage Wizard in chainmail or Necromancer in dark platemail.

For those that think, "This is EQ, we can't have casters running around in armour they don't wear armour!".... they did in EQ1 which is where the lore from EQ2 comes from.

/shrug

Again, just a dream.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

Armor sold by the factions, at least in Freeport, are cloth.

Militia will sell you the Black guard chain, and a set with the Blackened Iron graphics... what the Freeport officers used to wear.

Dismal Rage has a very nice set.

Armor from City vendors, the Parade and Luminous is, for some reason, armor, has mitigation, and cant be worn unless you can wear plate.
  14. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

On Live, right now in Neriak (Guk server to be precise), there are two sets of clothing:

Dark Bargainers Ceremonial (20K faction needed) - I know this one was here pre-patch since I have it

Dark Bargainers Negotiator (30K faction needed) - It's not pantaloons, no matter what the name says, it's the leather look skirt many of the NPCs in Teran's Grasp are wearing. I think it was there before, not 100% sure.

These are the only clothing for Neriak tradeskill faction.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Freeport appearance are the same, and the same two choices.

I could swear the Negotiator set has been in a long time... but again not 100%.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Lasai@Nektulos wrote:
    I thought Freeport had the formal as well. Neriak has ONLY those two. No formal, either.

Since one can only increase tradeskill faction for their own city, unlike the other factions, I think it's pretty sad.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Oh boo, yes, sorry, Freeport also has the generic Black formal for ally faction.. it shows in my screenie too.
  18. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

The Bloodlines faction has cloth that looks like shiny plate, and very nice looking on the Good side. I think the Evil side had something that looks like dark chain.
  19. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Lasai@Nektulos wrote:
    To clarify my earlier post where I said:
    ...The darker version was for sale originally in Freeport. The lighter version could be seen on some NPCs but was not available for sale. A couple updates back, I added the lighter version to Qeynos and Kelethin tradeskill faction merchants, and added the dark set (negotiator's) to the other evil cities, Neriak and Gorowyn. So there is now a "good" set and an "evil" set of this appearance. The black ceremonial formal ensemble is also available on all the 5 cities' tradeskill faction merchants (yes, including Neriak).
  20. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

well thanks for the clarification.

And the freeport equivalent of the Blue Qeynos 2 piece outfit is.......??????

:(